Well, let me tell you about a beautiful place called Maldonado ... I
feel like I'm in heaven! I love this area so much! As the zone leaders
here in Maldonado we have the area of Punta del Este, La Brava, José Ignacio,
and a lot of other areas that are really pretty here. The people here are super
cool and really want to talk to us. We work off of a lot of referrals here, so that's nice. Our ward is small; we have about 40 people in church
every week and no one can place the piano. However, Elder
Farsworth and I are pumped to go at it and baptize! This last week we went to an
area called José Ignacio which is really pretty and is right on the beach. It's
about an hour away from the church, but there is a little family out there that
wants to be baptized - Evangelina (the momma, who is already a member),
Farid (son, 14 years old), and Gianna (daughter, 11 years old). The daughter
and son want to be baptized and are super cool! When we go over and teach them,
Evangelina invites their neighbors over to listen to us, too. It's a pretty sweet
set up. I can already say that Maldonado is my favorite area in the mission! A lot of the missionaries here in the mission would kill to be where I'm at, and
many do tell me that! Our zone "Maldonado" is super awesome! There are 16
of us missionaries and we are all super close. There are four hermanas (sister missionaries) out of the 16. It's starting to get warm here so there are more
people that are coming here. This is a huge vacation spot for the people
of Uruguay, Argentina, and Brazil. It's cool to see all the different people.
I haven't taken any photos yet of Maldonado, but today we are
going to go to the beach to take some. I´ll send some next week!
I got Grandma Green Truck's package. Please tell her
thank you for me! I loved it and am eating a lot of goodies and brushing my
teeth after! (She always sends me a toothbrush and toothpaste.)
I'm pretty excited to watch General Conference this next week! It's
going to be my last General Conference in the mission .... a sad moment, but it's going to be
a lot of fun. I LOVE General Conference! I feel like it's Christmas weekend when it
comes around.
Its crazy to think that the mission is winding down to an
end, but I feel great and know that I've worked super hard. I've made some goals
for myself and how I want to end my mission. I´m going to end on a bang, I´ll
promise you that!
Tyler and Cade, I love that you are my brothers! You are great examples to me and I miss you tons. I love how you guys are busy
with sports and school right now. Keep plugging away with that, but also
remember that church is important too! Mom and Dad, I love you immensely
and can´t wait to be with you! Thank you so much for all the love and
support that I get from you every week. You guys are the best! Mom, I'm also
super pumped for a nice homemade American mom meal! I miss you tons and think of you always!