Well, this last week we had a conference with Elder Zeballos
of the Seventy, along with several of the other zones here in Uruguay. It was a lot of fun
and we learned a lot from him, including the importance of finding families to teach.
When we teach one or two people in a family, it may often mean the whole
family is ready to hear the gospel. He taught us that we need to make sure that
we try and teach "whole" families. It was fun because Elder Teran and I got
some one on one time with Elder Zeballos. I was in charge of setting up the
whole audio system and putting a microphone on Elder Zeballos before the
conference. While I was helping him I was talking to him about his talk and
what he had prepared and he told me that he prepared a lot of things but was
unsure of what he was going to share with us. He was seeking inspiration from
the Holy Ghost and then explained to me that is how you should always give a talk in a
meeting and that's how we should teach our investigators. It was a little
learning moment and I was impressed by his spirituality. In the end, the
conference turned out a great and we all learned a lot!
This last week we started a new activity in the
ward ... soccer night! It's been a long time since I've done soccer as an
activity in the church, but it turned out great! In our ward we don´t have many
young men so with the young men that we do have we planned that every Friday we will play about an hour of soccer and then have "charlas" (discussions) with their non-members friends after the activity. We had two young men that showed up that were non-members and they loved the activity. They are going to invite their friends to
come this next week to play. The young men that are members were really excited
after the activity to have some of their friends attend a church activity. So, it turned out great! This last Sunday a lot of the adults in the ward
were upset that we didn´t invite them, too! So they´re going to come this next time! I was pretty excited to play and was really confident in my soccer skills
before the game. But in the end, I got completely owned! It was a blast!
I´m super pumped for tomorrow because all the zone leaders
are going to have a two day conference in the mission house with our mission president and his assistants. We´re going to talk about our zones, the mission, and we will also be doing a temple session! I'm super excited for that
because it's been about a year since the last time I was able to go inside the temple. It's going to be legit!
I was also excited to hear about your early morning scripture study! Keep doing that and make
sure you stick with it. When I get back we will do it together. Maybe we´ll even
read a little in Spanish! I want you guys to know that the
scriptures are super important. As we read, we honestly can find answers to the problems that we have and find the spiritual guidance that we
need. Vamo arriba!
I love you guys and can´t wait to hear back from you! Keep me posted with all the latest news!
