Excerpts

Excerpts from Zach's letters:

Monday, September 2, 2013

So the conference that we had with our mission president turned out great! To be honest, Elder Teran and I didn´t do much. We helped out with the food, which was homemade by the Hill Family and the Pugmire Family. We made sloppy joes (mmmmm)!  We also helped President Newsome set up a room to do interviews. That´s all we did.  It was a great time and it was nice to talk to President Newsome. He was super busy and so we ended up doing interviews as a companionship. He knows I'll be leaving a little early to get back for school. I also saw Hermana Elmont at the conference. We talked about everyone that we knew that was on a mission right now from Springville and Mapleton.  It's crazy to hear how many girls have left on missions.

It's been great having a ward mission leader here in our ward.  He has been helping us so much and because of that we have a great relationship with all the members.  We did divisions twice this last week with members in the ward.  On one of them I worked with Hermano Noble (he´s about 70 years old) and he is a HUGE stud! We went and visited a couple of less active families and got them excited to come back to church. It was a lot of fun and we had some good laughs on the way.

Today my zone and I played soccer in a field right next to our church here in Camino Carrasco. It was a lot of fun. I don´t want to brag or anything, but I've become a legit soccer player. :-)  I´ll show you guys some moves when I get back. I also threw the football around with Elder Lacey. 

I also got to do an intercambio ("splits") with Elder Rydalch who´s a huge stud.  He lives in the same house as Elder Barlow.  I'm attaching a picture of Elder Rydalch and me as we are about to eat some pizza.

I´ve been thinking a lot this last week about the principle of obedience.  I feel like the best scripture about obedience is the scripture that says "If ye love me, keep my commandments." (I think that´s it in English?) I know that as we are obedient, we show Heavenly Father that we truly love Him and want to return back to Him. I know it's easier said than done, but we can do it! So Dad, Mom, Tyler, and Cade, be obedient and keep going strong in the Gospel!  It's the best way to live!

I love you guys so much and can´t wait to hear more news about Springville, BYU, Notre Dame, and ASU football! Keep me posted!
 
 
Zach with Elder Rydalch