Excerpts

Excerpts from Zach's letters:

Monday, October 7, 2013

Mom, I just want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  I was thinking about you on Saturday! 

Dad, you asked for a list of where I've served on my mission.  Here's the list:

1. Noblia, Melo (3 changes)
2. San Francisco, Las Piedras (1.5 Changes)
3. Canelones, Canelones (4.5 Changes)
4. Minas, Lavalleja (2 Changes)
5. Camino Carrasco, Montevideo (2 changes)
6. Maldonado, Maldonado (currently here in my first change!)
 
I have loved all my areas and hope I will get the chance to visit Noblia again before I go home!
 
Well, anyway, it was great to hear from you guys! It sounds like all is going well back at home and that you guys are staying busy with sports and school!

You asked about my companion.  Elder Farnsworth is from Eagle Mountain, Utah.  He went to West Lake High School. He is a great kid and is really serious about the work, which is perfect!  We are teaching two amazing families from José Ignacio (it's a little more than an hour from our church). They also attended general conference yesterday and loved it!  We also had 10 of our investigators at church yesterday. We are super pumped!

Well, this last week was an awesome week!  Last P-day our zone went to the beach and took some photos and also went bowling! I´m going to send some photos.  General conference was definitely a highlight of the week! I loved everything about it! All the talks were amazing! It was definitely an answer to prayers.  I especially liked the talks from President Uchtdorf and also Elder Gifford Nielsen. I want to make sure I live my life in a ¨!¨ kind of way. I also liked President Uchtdorf's talk about when we fall down, to get back up!

I want you to know that I know this church is true. I know that as we face our trials with a good attitude they are a lot easier to overcome. I also know that as we fall down we always have our good friend and brother Jesus Christ offering his hand to us. We just need to take it!  I love you guys so much and can´t wait to hear from you!  The gospel is true, so let's be happy!