Excerpts

Excerpts from Zach's letters:

Monday, August 26, 2013

This last week was a great week! Our zone here in Montevideo is doing awesome! We are super happy with the efforts that we are seeing by the missionaries and the miracles that we see and hear about each and every day.

Elder Teran and I had a blast this past p-day.  We played catch with the football for over an hour in front of our apartment complex.  Elder Teran actually throws the ball really well.  I was impressed.  I ran routes and we had a blast.  As we played, a ton of people started watching us.  Kind of awkward, but it was fun!  And yes, Dad, in answer to your question, I do understand him.  He has a different accent being from Mexico, but it's all the same to me.  He does use some words that I don´t understand, but I´m learning.  It's interesting because some of the people here in Uruguay don´t understand his words either, so that makes me feel better about my Spanish.

I talked to President Newsome through email about my departure date in December.  He told me that we are going to talk this Friday in an interview, so I'll find out more this Friday about when I will be coming home and I will tell you next Monday! This Friday we have a big conference with a couple of other zones here in Uruguay along with the President and his wife.  It should be a lot of fun. Elder Teran and I are actually in charge of putting a little bit of it together.  Crazy stuff!

Dad, I thought of you a ton this last Friday because here in our ward we had a 70's and 80's dance!  It was AWESOME! We only stayed for about 30 minutes but it was a great activity. They played 70's and 80's music and people dressed up in their 70´s clothes and came to the church and danced and ate a ton of food.  The ward went full-out and decorated the church.  I was laughing really hard as I watched the members and investigators dance to the Bee Gees.  You´ll have to do a ward activity like that back at home.

Well, I'm doing great!  I´m healthy, clean, and eating my vegetables! I´ve became quite the chef here in Uruguay. I know this church is true and that what we are doing is right.  Tyler and Cade, keep being examples to your friends!  Read your scriptures!  I love you guys tons and can´t wait to hear back from you!
 
P.S. Here are some pictures:
 
Zach and his companion, Elder Teran.  Zach said in a previous letter that he was tall, but WOW!