Well, Mom said she would like to know what my days are like
here in Canelones, so I thought I would give you a little schedule. Here we go:
6:30 A.M. - I get up and do a little P90X workout with
Elder Pointer (we´re both half asleep as we do the workout!)
7:00 A.M. - I make breakfast. I've been usually eating
potatoes and eggs, or cereal with yogurt!
7:30 A.M. - I shower and get ready for the day.
8:00 A.M. - Elder Pointer and I start our personal study.
(Book of Mormon, Bible, Preach My Gospel, etc.)
9:00 A.M. - We start companionship study and plan for the day.
10:00 A.M. - We start "DRAFT." It's a program to help new
missionaries learn their role as a missionary so they can be more effective in
the field.
11:00 A.M. - We leave the house and preach the
gospel!
1:00 P.M. - We usually have lunch with a member.
2:00 P.M. - We study Spanish.
3:00 P.M. - We leave the house again and preach the gospel!
9:00 P.M. - We come back to the house exhausted! We plan for the next day!
10:00 P.M. - Journal time and a little bit of food time!
10:30 P.M. - BED TIME! We're always super excited
to go to bed!
And yeah, that's our daily routine! I would have to say
that my favorite lunch here is Milanesas with rice. It's super good! It's deep
fried meat that's battered with rice. Super simple, but amazing! We also
eat a ton of pasta! I have to say that sometimes I feel like I'm more in
Europe than I am in South America. It's interesting, but I love it. Uruguay
is the best!
Anyway, Elder Pointer and I are having a blast! We are pumped for General Conference this next week. It's going to be a lot of fun. It's
cool to be with the missionaries in the "Gringo room" and watch conference
together.
I'm loving it here in Canelones! I've been here for a while
and a lot of the members know that, so lately they have been telling me a lot that they are going to miss me. They all think I'm going to be reassigned to a
new area. I don't know, but we'll see. Change calls are this next Monday. So
P-day is not until this next Tuesday! So don't be worried if you don't hear
from me on Monday! I'll write you on Tuesday.
In Romans 8:38-39, it says:
"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come; Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
I love this
scripture and how it describes how nothing can separate us from the love of
God. I know that God is our Heavenly Father and loves us. He wants us to
be happy and enjoy this life so he has given us his Son and the Gospel. I know
that as we listen to the prophets and apply in our lives the doctrines taught, we will
always be the happiest in our life! I know this church is true and that as
we keep our sacred covenants we will all be together "para siempre" [forever] after this
life!
I love you guys so much and can´t wait to hear from you! Tyler and Cade, be good examples to your friends and one another. You'll be
leaving on your mission before you know it!!