Excerpts

Excerpts from Zach's letters:

Monday, March 25, 2013

It was great to hear from you! I loved the updates about March Madness.  It sounds like you guys had a blast at the games!  As for Tyler and Cade, I remember those days sleeping in your bed and enjoying a nice Mountain Dew from Brookside.  It's crazy to hear how much Tyler and Cade are growing up and doing more stuff on their own. They're going to be all grown up by the time I get home.

Also, I want to say Happy 24th Anniversary!  I love you guys tons and am super grateful for the example you have set for me, Tyler, and Cade.  I want to have a successful family just like you!

The people are going crazy in Uruguay about the new pope from Argentina.  He's the first Latino pope, so they are all pumped.  Here's a funny story.  Hermano Lee in my ward (he's the first counselor in the bishopric) asked me if I heard about the new pope and I told him yes.  He then asked me if I had seen a picture of him and I said no.  He then grabbed a piece of paper out of his church bag and gave it to me.  It was a picture of the pope with my face instead of his!  It was the funniest thing I´ve ever seen and I still don't know how he did it.  I´ll send you guys a photo of it.  He has me saying "vamo ariba" on the bottom of the photo!

This past week we had intrevistas [interviews] with President Armstrong.  He's awesome and we get along great!  He told me that he's been really proud of me and the example I have set for Elder Pointer.  I felt really good when he said that, but I honestly feel like Elder Pointer has been more of an example to me than I have been to him.  He´s a stud!

I also got your Easter package the other day with your treats and goodies and the cookies from Aunt Kathy and Sophie! Tell them thank you for me!  I love Girl Scout cookies!  Thanks for the package Mom, I loved it!

Elder Pointer and I gave talks in church yesterday.  It was just the two of us and we had to take up a 50 minute time period ... yikes!  It turned out great and the ward loved our talks!  We had them laughing, crying, and even sleeping at times!  It was a great experience.  We talked about la obra misional [missionary work] and the importance of sharing the Gospel with others.  I shared a story that I love and it touches me every time I read it.  It's called "I Found My Friend."  It's a short story about a young man that receives his mission call to Costa Rica and how he finds a "long lost friend."  You´ll have to try and look for it!

Everything is going great here in Canelones!  I can't believe that I have been in this ward for six months. The members keep telling me that I better stay this upcoming change (in 3 weeks).
 
I´m loving the mission like always!  I want you guys to know that I know without a doubt that Heavenly Father loves us and knows us individually.  I know that this is his church and that he called José Smith as a prophet.  I know the Book of Mormon is true and that as we read the scriptures and apply the teachings found therein, we will always have and find the answers we need in this life.  I love you guys so much and I can´t wait to hear from you next week!