Excerpts

Excerpts from Zach's letters:

Monday, April 29, 2013

Well, I can´t believe that the school year is about to end again for you guys.  It feels like it just began!  I also can´t believe that you guys are about to start up football again. I love this time of the year!

Well, here in Minas it's still really nice.  It's starting to get a little chilly, though.  Be ready for photos of me in my nice jacket!

Everything is going great here in Minas! We are working hard and building up a pool of investigators to teach. We have a couple of promising investigators, but one in particular is Cristina. She is awesome and came to church yesterday. We´re trying to help her with her addiction to smoking. She´s awesome!
Yesterday, we had a crazy experience that I'm never going to forget.  We were walking back home after having a lunch with a family when we heard a lady yelling at us to come help her.  My companion and I and the two other elders that live in our house went running to this lady's house to find her very old mother lying on the ground on the bathroom floor.  She really needed to get to the bathroom but couldn't walk.  So, the daughter had to help carry her so she could go to the bathroom and do other things, but for some reason the daughter couldn't lift her up and put her on the toilet. All of us missionaries had to help put her on the toilet and as we were helping this old lady the daughter dropped the lady's pants so she could go to the bathroom. It was super, super awkward.  All of us were helping her as she was going to the bathroom.  It was funny to see all of us missionaries looking up in the air and not at the lady while she was going to the bathroom. Afterwards, the daughter cleaned her all up and then we had to carry her to her bed. Just a crazy, random story that happened to us the other day.  The daughter was super thankful for us and apologized for the awkwardness of the situation, but we were all glad that we were able to help.  As we all walked home after the situation we all talked about how much we do not want to become old!  It was a funny experience, and awkward, but I'm glad we could help out.   

I love you guys so much and want you to know that the church is true!  Please keep being strong in the faith and doing the things that you're supposed to be doing. I can´t wait to hear from you guys next week! Keep me posted on all the little things that are going on in the 'Ville.  Love you guys!