Tyler looked really good in his tux. [We sent Zach a picture of Tyler dressed up for Saturday's Prom.] I can't believe he's going on these dates now. He looks so much older in the photos. The same with Cade. He looks huge! I also really like his red Springville sweatshirt. Pretty sweet stuff!
I'm getting along great with my companion, Elder Reay! We
have been working super hard and had a great last week! We had two investigators
in church yesterday and it was cool to see their desire to learn more. The
branch yesterday was great. We had about 60 people in church and they are all
super nice. The thing that struck me, though, was that for some reason they all
looked really sad and depressed. Yesterday was Fast Sunday so we were able to
share our testimonies and I was one of the first ones up. I bore my testimony
on HAPPINESS. I tried to smile a lot more yesterday and be really excited to
talk to people and introduce myself. I had a couple of members come up to me and
thank me for my smile and excitement to be here in Minas with them. It made me
feel good and I hope they are all a little bit happier after yesterday. The
branch I'm in has two sets of companionship missionaries. It's me and my companion, and Elder Wilkey and Elder Ipson. We talked yesterday after church about how we can get
this branch more excited and we have a lot of good ideas. So we are going to be
really busy these next few weeks! Vamo Arriba!
I'm glad you got to see Elder Griffin. [Elder Griffin was a missionary that served with Zach in Uruguay and is from our neighboring town of Mapleton. He returned home last week and Tori and the boys attended his missionary homecoming at church yesterday.] I told him to
tell you guys hi. I can't believe he is already home. When I first got here in
the mission he was my role model. I looked up to him in everything. He was a great example and he helped me out a ton in the mission. I'm really grateful that I
had the opportunity to get to know him.
I also got a package from Grandma Green Truck. Can you make
sure to tell her thank you for the awesome goodies I got and the toothbrush
and toothpaste. The toothbrush and toothpaste made me laugh.
Thanks to email I have been able to talk to a lot more
friends and family lately. I plan on sending Jordan an email that she can
read in the MTC. [Jordan is Zach's cousin and is entering the MTC this Wednesday.]
It's starting to get pretty cold here in Minas. People have
told us that Minas is one of the coldest places in Uruguay during the winter
time. Vamo arriba! I guess because of the mountains it traps a lot of
the cold air here. I will keep you posted on how cold it gets in the future.
Tyler and Cade, I hope everything is going great with school
and sports! I miss you guys a ton and can't wait to hear from you. I'm sure you
guys already know and I've told you many times, but honestly, the mission is the
best thing EVER! You guys are going to love it and are going to become great
missionaries. I'm super blessed to have two of the most awesome brothers in the
world. I love you guys tons!
Mom and Dad, I love you guys so much and am super grateful for your examples to me. I miss you so much and feel like I really took advantage of
all the things you had done for me before the mission. Thank you so much for
all the little things you did for me. I can't wait to hear from
you guys next week. I just want you guys to know that I'm safe and everything is
going great here in Uruguay. You have no need to fear! I love you so so
much!
Well family, keep being strong in the
Gospel and keep moving forward! Love you tons!