This past week Elder Reay has been showing me the area and having us meet with members and investigators. There is a lot of work to do here, so I'm looking forward to it. We're going to be super busy! I haven't really been to the church yet because yesterday was a stake conference in Maldonado. There was a great turn out and a lot of members from all over the stake went. It was awesome!
My house is the nicest house that I've lived in yet in the mission. It's two floors and just nice! It doesn't smell, either, which is a good bonus! I also think I'm going to gain a lot of weight here because we live right next door to a alfajor factory. [Link to Alfajor]. Minas is really famous for their alfajor cookies. I hope I don't get too fat! We also live about a block away from the church, which is nice. We are really close to all the good things here in Minas - the church building and the alfajor factory! Vamo arriba! The cross-roads for our house are Carabajal and Rodo. [Link to Google Maps].
When I left Canelones, it ended up being a lot harder than I thought. I went to many of the members' houses and said goodbye and about everyone of them cried. It was horrible! I definitely want to go back and visit Canelones some day. I also found out that Eugenia was baptized yesterday by Elder Pointer and his new companion, so I was pumped about that! We had been working with her for a long time.
I've been trying to think of something cool or funny that has happened this past week, but I can't really think of anything. I just want you to know that I love missionary work so much! It's been a blessing to work with the people of Uruguay. I know that we have a prophet who receives revelation and helps us know how we can return and live with God and our families forever! Tyler and Cade, I miss you guys a ton. I can't wait to see you guys. Mom and Dad, I miss you guys so much and pray for you all the time. I am honestly so thankful to have the parents that I do. You guys are the best and I'm so grateful for your example to me. I want to have a family exactly like the one that we have some day!
I love you guys so much and can't wait to hear from you! Tell Stacy thanks for the "Ruckus Crew" newsletter.