Excerpts

Excerpts from Zach's letters:

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Well, this last weekend was AWESOME! General Conference was amazing!  Elder Pointer and I went to Las Piedras to watch conference with our zone. We watched every session live.  There were members that were there too, so we had a TV in the chapel in Español and then a TV in a special room for all the Gringos in English.  Elder Pointer and I watched all the sessions in English except the Sunday morning session.  We had two investigators that came to watch it, so we watched it with them in Spanish. Super awesome! Canelones is about an hour away from Las Piedras by bus, so it was super sweet to have our investigators come from Canelones to watch it.  One of them is going to be baptized this coming Saturday!  One of my favorite talks this conference was by Elder Cardon and his talk was about repentance.  It really hit me hard just how much Jesus Christ WANTS to forgive us.

Well, yesterday we got change calls ... and it turns out that I'm going to be leaving Canelones.  I'm super bummed because I love this place.  I will end up having spent exactly seven months here!  Crazy how fast the time flies.  I´ll be going to a city called Minas.  [Link to City Map].  It's pretty famous because it has a huge famous statue called Artigas.  You'll have to look it up. [Link to YouTube video showing Artigas statue].

I´m super excited and can't wait to share the Gospel in Minas!  My companion, Elder Pointer is a huge stud and I've learned a ton from him, but he will be staying in Canelones and will be training a new missionary!  I´m super excited and pumped for him.  He´s going to be a great trainer!  We have gotten along really well.  I'm sure we'll be friends after the mission.  Also, he has a really pretty sister, so who knows!

I´m super sad to be leaving Canelones.  After this email we´re going to leave and start saying goodbye to the members.  I hate saying goodbye, but it's something we have to do and the members understand the importance of moving on and staying faithful in the Gospel, so it's all good.

Also, I forgot to tell you, but I've been called to be a district leader in Minas, so I'm excited to do that. It's going to be a lot of fun and I'm going to learn a lot serving the other missionaries.

I want you to know that we can always trust in the Lord, even when things don´t go our way or when we are going through a huge trial in our life.  We can pray to the Lord and always trust in Him.  He is always listening to us and wants us to return and live with him again.  So, stay strong and make sure you are saying your prayers every night and morning!

I love you so much and I can´t wait to hear from you!  The time is honestly flying like crazy!  Before you and I know it, I'll be back at home wrestling against Tyler and Cade to prove that I'm still the strong, BIG brother in the family!