Well, the ward is awesome. The branch president is now the bishop with the same
couselors and all the other callings are basically the same. The ward had its
first ward baptism this last Thursday with
Silvana! It went really well! I conducted the meeting and Elder Aguirre performed the baptism. We had probably 30 people in attendance to support Silvana Del Rosio Flores Espinosa! ¡Buenísimo!Then, this last Sunday, I was able to perform the confirmation. Silvana is awesome and has a strong testimony! I haven´t really told you much of her story, but finding her and baptizing her was honestly a miracle. My first week here in Canelones we had no one to teach so we were going through the area book to try and find old investigators that we could drop by and see if they had any interest in our message. Silvana was one of the names we had found. It said the missionaries had found her 4 years ago and that she lived in an apartment complex far away from our church. We went that day to go look for her. It was a long day and we didn´t find her anywhere in the apartment complex, nor did anyone know her. We had turned around to go look for another person when I had this feeling to ask someone if we were looking in the right apartment complex. The man told us no and that the appartment complex was actually down the street. We went to this other apartment complex and found her and had a great lesson with her! After her baptism Silvana told us that we had been an answer to prayers. She is going through a rough divorce right now, and when we arrived at her door that first day she new she needed to be baptized and follow the example of Jesus Christ. She was also the last member in her family to be baptized into the church. Her family all came to the baptismal service to support her and they were all really emotional. It was a miracle that we found her and an amazing privilege to help her find Christ.
Silvana! It went really well! I conducted the meeting and Elder Aguirre performed the baptism. We had probably 30 people in attendance to support Silvana Del Rosio Flores Espinosa! ¡Buenísimo!Then, this last Sunday, I was able to perform the confirmation. Silvana is awesome and has a strong testimony! I haven´t really told you much of her story, but finding her and baptizing her was honestly a miracle. My first week here in Canelones we had no one to teach so we were going through the area book to try and find old investigators that we could drop by and see if they had any interest in our message. Silvana was one of the names we had found. It said the missionaries had found her 4 years ago and that she lived in an apartment complex far away from our church. We went that day to go look for her. It was a long day and we didn´t find her anywhere in the apartment complex, nor did anyone know her. We had turned around to go look for another person when I had this feeling to ask someone if we were looking in the right apartment complex. The man told us no and that the appartment complex was actually down the street. We went to this other apartment complex and found her and had a great lesson with her! After her baptism Silvana told us that we had been an answer to prayers. She is going through a rough divorce right now, and when we arrived at her door that first day she new she needed to be baptized and follow the example of Jesus Christ. She was also the last member in her family to be baptized into the church. Her family all came to the baptismal service to support her and they were all really emotional. It was a miracle that we found her and an amazing privilege to help her find Christ.
This last Saturday we also did service for a member in the
ward. We poured cement and I'm still SORE! It was a fun experience and we
had many laughs.
Mom, I'm still not sure about Christmas or what's going to
happen about us calling home. They haven´t told us anything yet. We have a big
meeting on Wednesday and so I think they will tell us then. I´ll let you know!
I want you guys to know that I love you and miss you tons!
I can´t wait to hear from you again next week. Keep on reading the
scriptures, praying, and going to church. It is important!