Excerpts

Excerpts from Zach's letters:

Monday, December 10, 2012

Well we found out a little bit more about Christmas this year.  Christmas is on a Tuesday, so we´ll have our normal P-Day on Monday and I'll be able to write you that you day.  Then the next day (Christmas), I'll be able to use Skype and talk to you!  I'm super excited to talk to you guys (talking in English is going to be really weird) and see you!  As of right now we're not really sure what time we will have access to Skype.  We need to plan it with the family in the ward who has a computer.  I'll let you know this next P-Day what's going to happen.

We received change calls yesterday and found out that Elder Aguirre and I are going to stay here in Canelones together for another change. We´re super excited and can´t wait to keep working here in Canelones.  The ward here is AWESOME and the members are always helping us with the work.

Last week after writing you guys, Elder Aguirre and I and our zone had a barbeque ("asado" in Español) because it was the last P-Day of the change.  It was a lot of fun and I'm sending you some pictures.  We ate sausages and a type of steak here!  ¡Vamo Arriba!  Dad, you asked what "vamo arriba¨ means in English.  Directly translated it means "Let's go up!"  Everyone here says it.  "Vamos arriba" is proper Spanish.  However, here they cut of the "s."

Anyway, I´m loving the mission!  Everyday I have a spiritual experience and I don´t even know where to begin or how to tell you the things I feel and see.  I know with all my heart that this is the work of the Lord.

I love you and miss you tons.  I can´t wait to talk to you guys through Skype.  It will be fun to see you!  I can't wait to hear from you next week!