Excerpts

Excerpts from Zach's letters:

Monday, November 26, 2012

My Thanksgiving was a good day here in Uruguay!  We found many people to teach and taught many lessons. We ended up not eating any chicken (let alone turkey), but it's all good. 

Our baptism for Silvana is this coming Thursday! This last week was crazy in the branch because we officially became a ward yesterday! There were a lot of parties and meetings this last week with the ward, so we didn´t have much time to do a baptism. The bishop told us this Thursday would be best, so that´s when we are going to do it. 

Sunday was a great day. There was a ton of people at church!  Usually we have about 40 people at church, but yesterday we had over 90 personas!  It was awesome because most of the people who came were less active members who we had invited the previous week for this special day and they came! I feel like many were touched by the special meeting and will be coming back the following Sunday.  Elder Aguirre and I also sang in the chior for a special number during sacrament meeting. There were six other men, but I´m pretty sure they didn´t sing a single word!  You could only hear me (I can´t sing a note to save my life!) and Elder Aguirre (who sings very, very well!).  Awkward, but its was a lot of fun.

This last week Elder Aguirre and I planned a fun activity to do with the ward.  At first I thought it would not work out and that not many people would come to the church for our activity, but with a lot of prayer and hard work it ended up being a hit!  We had about 40 people at the church with 4 investigators and many less active members.  The activity lasted for about an hour and a half.  We played games that revolved around the Plan of Salvation and how our choices in this life determine our outcome.  We had a lot of food and music, too!  Many people came up to us after the activity to tell us how much they loved it and wanted us to plan another activity for them and their kids.  I thought in my head "no way" because it was very stressful planning and running everything.  But anyway, it all turned out great and was a lot of fun!

All is well and I´m doing fantastic here in Uruguay!  I miss you guys.  I can´t wait to hear from you again next week!  Also, tell Aunt Tammy thanks for all the Thanksgiving photos!
 
Here are two photos for you:
 
Me and Elder Quijandria (He is the zone leader in my area.  I worked with him the other day.)



Me and Elder Aguirre with Natividad.  She is 101 years old!