Excerpts

Excerpts from Zach's letters:

Monday, December 24, 2012

¡Feliz Navidad! I´m super excited to talk to you guys tomorrow! It's going to be awesome.  This evening Elder Aguirre and I are going to an investigator's house for a little dinner and to share a message.  After that, there are two member families that have invited us to their houses for Christmas Eve, so we´re going to visit them and then head back home for bed!  I'm excited to spend some time with the members. It won´t be the same without you guys, but I know what I´m doing is right and that Heavenly Father will look after you.  Tomorrow you will have to let me know how Outback Steakhouse was!

This last Friday we had a Christmas Devotional for all the missionaries here in my mission.  It was AWESOME!  Each zone sang a Christmas song and then we got to hear from President Armstrong. 
It was a good time!  I spent most of my time with Elder Hicks and Elder Barlow.  Man, I love those guys! They're awesome and hilarious!

This last Saturday we had a baptism!  We baptized Fiorella Lucas Perrone.  She is the friend of a member of the church and has been investigating the church for almost two years. She is 20 years old. It was a great service and her family (who aren't members) came so that was awesome, too!  Her sister is now really interested in the church so me and Elder Aguirre are excited about that.

I also got your package last p-day and I couldn´t wait 'til Christmas, so I opened it.  MUCHÌSIMAS GRACIAS!  It was awesome!

So I was thinking of a little Christmas passage to share with you guys! In Isaiah 9:6 it talks about Jesus Christ and his birth!
 
"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."
 
This week is a great time of year to remember the birth of Jesus Christ and what He has done for us. However, we need to make sure that we are always thinking of Him and not just Christmas day. All year long we need to have Christ in our hearts and minds.  In 3 Nephi 9:20 it talks about how we need to offer a sacrifice (i.e. "Christmas present") of a broken heart and a contrite spirit for Him.  This "Christmas present" should be all year long!
 
"And ye shall offer for a sacrifice unto me a broken heart and a contrite spirit. And whoso cometh unto me with a broken heart and a contrite spirit, him will I baptize with fire and with the Holy Ghost."
 
So I encourage you to keep reading the scriptures, praying, going to church, and continually trying each day to be more like Christ.

I also got a package from Grandma White Truck! Tell her thank you for the Gardanier Calandar!  It's awesome!

Anyway, all is well and I´m healthy! I can´t wait to see and chat with you tomorrow!  I miss you!