Excerpts

Excerpts from Zach's letters:

Monday, December 17, 2012

I love hearing about all the things that are going on with you guys and, of course, hearing about the sports.  It sounds like all is well back at home with a lot of laughs.  It sounds like all is the same!  It was also interesting to hear about all the mission dates getting moved back.  I know that the missionaries here in Uruguay that go home in January leave a week or two earlier than planned because of all the new missionaries that are coming in.

Anyway, this week was a good week!  I gave a talk yesterday in church about setting goals for the next year. It was awesome and I had people laughing!  I don't think I've really explained much about the people of Uruguay to you guys.  I honestly think they are the laziest people I've ever met!  They are awesome and I love them to death, but I think if Dad was here he would go crazy!  People don't
get out of bed until 11:00 in the morning.  Then they eat "lunch" and then take a two hour nap around 1:00 in the afternoon.  After that, they proceed with a glass of "mate" and sit out on their patio.  It is the life here in Uruguay!  Anyway, so I had a fun time telling them how to set goals and be productive for this next year!

We had an interesting experience the other day in the street.  We were talking with a man in the street about the church and he showed genuine interest.  It was a golden contact!  Everything was going smoothly and the Spirit was very strong.  All of a sudden, out of nowhere, a bee flew up the man's nostril as we were talking to him and stung him!  I then tried my hardest not to laugh as I watched Elder Aguirre trying to pull out the stinger that was in the man's nose.  Finally, Elder Agirrue got a hold of the stinger and pulled it out.  The man thanked us, but left really quickly with tears in his eyes because of the bee.  We didn't even get his address.  As Elder Aguirre and I started to walk on our way we realized that probably 20 people were staring at us laughing. It was an interesting experience.  It's something I won't forget and I thought you might enjoy that story.

Here is the news for Christmas.  I'm going to use Skype to talk to you guys.  I will get on the computer at 8:00 p.m. here in Uruguay.  I'm not quite sure what time that is over in Utah.  So, be ready whenever that is.  I will let you know if there will be any changes next Monday, but as of right now I'll see you guys at 8:00 p.m. on Christmas day (25th of December).  I'm pumped to see and talk to you guys.  It's going to be awesome.  

Anyway, all is well here in Uruguay. I'm loving it and having a blast.  I love teaching the people here about the Gospel of Christ and I love seeing it change their lives.  It's been a great experience!  We should also have a baptism this coming Saturday so me and Elder Aguirre are pumped!  Anyway, love you guys tons and can't wait to talk to you next week!

P.S.  Sorry no photos today.  I forgot my cord to my camera.  I'll send a bunch next week!