Excerpts

Excerpts from Zach's letters:

Monday, July 30, 2012

Well, the Olympics have started so everyone here has the games on.  Uruguay didn't have that many athletes go, but they did have their soccer team, so everyone is really excited.  However, they lost yesterday to some no name team from Africa!  A lot of tears were shed because of the loss.  I'm not even kidding - people were crying in the streets.  Uruguay takes a lot of pride in their soccer, so when they lose it's like the end of the world.  How is the U.S. doing?  You'll have to let me know.

Anyway, Noblia has been great!  We have been teaching various families and have also been spending a lot of time trying to reactivate less active members.  We have quite a bit here, but they are all offended so they won't go to church.  It's really frustrating, but our efforts have been working. 


A lady we have been talking with about coming back to church came yesterday! It was awesome!  Also, Elder Erwin and I taught the primary yesterday.  Primary here only used to be two little kids (the branch president's sons) but now it's up to 5!  It was really crazy and they are super loud so it tested my patience!  But it was great.  The stake president also came and visited our branch yesterday.  It was nice to have him here with us.  He pulled me and Elder Erwin aside with our branch president to have a meeting.  We are now to help our branch president with tithing and other things at church.

Noblia is awesome and I'm loving the mission!  My Spanish is getting a ton better each day, but I still have quite a bit to learn.  I'm at the point where I feel like I can understand most of what they are saying, it's just talking back.  Anyway, my Spanish is coming around!



I love you guys tons!  I'm doing fine and am healthy.  I can't wait to hear back from you.