Excerpts

Excerpts from Zach's letters:

Monday, July 23, 2012

This last week was another great week!  Elder Erwin and I were crazy busy!  This past Wednesday I had the opportunity to meet my new mission president, President Armstrong, and his family.  His 22 year old son and 16 year old daughter are living with them in the mission home.  The son just got back from a mission in Houston, Texas (Spanish speaking).  He's planning on going to BYU in a couple of weeks.  President Armstrong is a STUD!  I love him to death!  He's more relaxed than President Da Silva, but still very serious about being a mission president.  When I had my interview with President Armstrong the first thing he said to me was Craig Christiansen says hi.  It was funny.  I told him how you guys know Craig and he loved it.  We then talked about BYU football and basketball for the next five minutes in English!  It was weird doing an interview with the mission president in English and talking about BYU sports.  It was awesome and made my day.  Anyway, he's a stud and is going to be an awesome mission president!

Noblia is doing great.  I swear I know everyone here in this town, so it's kind of funny.  I've been invited to like three different birthday parties of people I don't really know, but apparently they know me!

I have been keeping busy and am working hard and am very tired by the end of the day.  Every night I can't wait for 10:30 to come around.  Elder Erwin says I fall asleep in less than a minute every night!  But the mission is awesome and I love it!

My Spanish is really coming around.  I talk a lot better now, but I still have a long ways to go. Everyday I am practicing and looking up new words.  It can get frustrating at times, but it's all good - it's coming along.

I love you guys and I can't wait to hear from you again.