Yesterday was Fathers Day here in Uruguay. It was
interesting because our branch president canceled all meetings besides
sacrament meeting since it was Fathers Day - and then he didn't even show up
to church! Elder Erwin and I had to conduct sacrament meeting and
basically do everything for the branch. I've had a lot of interesting
opportunities with this small branch here in Noblia and have learned a lot about how to run the church. I
also gave a blessing this last week to a lady in the ward. It was a cool
experience and everything went well. It's funny to think that I'm doing all
these things in Spanish because I don't know how to do any of it in English! Anyway, it was a great week!
This last week we have been teaching three teenage boys, Bryan, Mateo, and Juan Gabriel. They are awesome and have been great. An interesting story about Bryan is that he has been kind of a trouble maker here in Noblia. He would always mess with me and the other elders and was just kind of a bad kid. When we had some activities in the church a couple of weeks ago we had to physically remove him from the church because he was being so disrespectful to us and the church. Anyway, a couple of days ago Elder Erwin and I thought that we should try and teach him since we have never even thought of it before. We started to and everything has been going great! He has been behaving and wants to know more. It's been a miracle!
This last week we have been teaching three teenage boys, Bryan, Mateo, and Juan Gabriel. They are awesome and have been great. An interesting story about Bryan is that he has been kind of a trouble maker here in Noblia. He would always mess with me and the other elders and was just kind of a bad kid. When we had some activities in the church a couple of weeks ago we had to physically remove him from the church because he was being so disrespectful to us and the church. Anyway, a couple of days ago Elder Erwin and I thought that we should try and teach him since we have never even thought of it before. We started to and everything has been going great! He has been behaving and wants to know more. It's been a miracle!
Uruguay has been awesome and I'm having a blast. I'm healthy and doing great! I love you guys a ton and miss you! I can't wait to hear back from you!
P.S. This photo is of me, Elder Griffin, and Elder Villar
right before I wrote this email.
