Excerpts

Excerpts from Zach's letters:

Monday, July 2, 2012

Life has been good in Noblia!  I've gained some weight since I've been here, I believe.  I weigh 71 kilos, whatever that is!  I'm pretty sure it's all fat.  

This week was kinda interesting with the whole changes thing (missionary transfers) so I actually stayed here in the district Cerro Largo and worked with another elder, Elder Liddle (he is from England, kinda of crazy!) and we went to his area.  His area is called Fraile Muerto ("Dead Priest"). It's a town a little bit bigger than Noblia.  I spent all day there Tuesday with him and went tracting.  I don't know what is up with me and small areas but that's basically been my mission thus far.  It's been interesting and I've learned a lot!

This week we went to Michel, Patrick, and Douglas' house and taught them a lesson about the Plan of Salvation.  We're making sure they remember everything.  But anyway, as we got to the end of the lesson, Douglas had to go to the bathroom really bad so he excused himself and went running.  As he was in the bathroom we said we had to go but we needed to close with a prayer.  Douglas screamed from the bathroom to wait for him, but we told him we had to leave for another appointment.  Douglas said okay but then announced he wanted to say the closing prayer.  Without even hesitating he screamed a nice prayer from the toilet.  Elder Erwin and I were trying very hard not to laugh.  It was an interesting lesson!

Something about here that I don't think I've told you about is that Guayans love mayonnaise!  They put it on EVERYTHING!  It's really ridiculous and kinda gross, but now I'm totally used to it and eat mayonnaise all the time.  Kind of a gross fact, but I thought you might find it interesting.

Hermana Mara fed us lunch this last week and fed us pig.  She put the nice cooked pig head right on the table next to where we were eating and she would cut meat off the face and give it to us to eat.  She also gave me the ear to eat.  It was awesome!

This week has been nice and warm.  The people here in Noblia say it's supposed to be really cold right now, but last week was really warm.  I've really appreciated it.  Since it's been warm in the mornings, me and Elder Erwin have gone to the church to play some catch with the football.  I'm in heaven when we do.  The last week, however, we would go to the church at about 6:20ish and play ping pong!  We have a ping pong table in our church and so we would play a few games and then go back home. It's really fun and I totally dominate over Elder Erwin!

Well, all is well in Noblia.  I'm having a blast and learning a ton everyday.  The mission is the best thing ever and I love it!  I miss you guys and love you tons!  I can't wait to hear from you next week!

P.S. I sent my memory card from my camera last week with some photos on it.  Tell me when you get it.  

P.P.S. This photo is of me emailing you guys right now!