Excerpts

Excerpts from Zach's letters:

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

I had a really cool birthday this last Halloween!  My zone did a surprise party for me.  I don't have a photo of it but my companion and I got up at 6:00 in the morning to go clean out our "old" house.  We had a couple of things we needed to do for the owner of the house before we gave him the key back.  Anyway, when we got to the old house, my whole zone was there with a birthday cake and they sang "Happy Birthday" to me. It was really cool and they totally got me! I jumped pretty high when I walked into the house!  I was really impressed to see the whole zone get up super early just for my birthday. I have the best zone!

Well, yesterday we got change calls and I found out that I'll be staying here in Maldonado!  I'm super pumped to end my mission here.  It's by far my favorite area!  Elder Farnsworth will be leaving and going to another area so I'll get a new companion who happens to be from Mesa, Arizona!  His name is Elder Arnett.  It's going to be a lot of fun working with him. We are going to have a blast!  Vamo arriba!

Mom, don't worry about sending me a package for Christmas!  I will get home soon after Christmas. My Christmas present will be spending time with you guys when I get back! 

Tyler and Cade, I love you guys tons and think of you and pray for you all the time.  I hope everything is going good with school and that you guys are staying healthy!  Make sure you stay out of trouble and try to keep busy.  I know that football ended and I know you guys want a break with everything.  However, make sure you are doing uplifting and wholesome activities!  I love you guys!  Read your scriptures!

Well, this is officially my last "complete" change in the mission.  It's a really sad feeling, but I'm ready to end things with a bang and give it all I've got!  I love you guys a ton and can't wait to see you!  Keep me posted on all the latest news!