Well, this last week was a lot of fun! Elder Arnett and I went to a special meeting with all the zone leaders in our mission. We
didn't get to go to the temple this time, but it was still pretty fun and cool. Elder Barlow, Elder Hicks, and I are now considered to be super old in the mission. It's really
weird. A lot of the younger missionaries in the mission consider us "old
and grumpy" missionaries which I don't understand because all three of us smile all the time.
I now want to tell you about Elder Arnett. He is
a stud and we get a long great! He's super tall and makes me look tiny! We get up at six every morning and work out hard. It's been super fun! We have
each other laughing all day. He went to Mesa High School and said that his mom
told him that when he was blessed as a baby Bishop Gardanier was the bishop in
his ward. Crazy stuff! He said his family is Lisa Lamoreaux and Brandon Arnett (parents), Ted and Elaine Lines (great grandparents), Rex and Kathy Lamoreaux
(grandparents), and Craig and Ginny Arnett (grandparents). You'll have to let me
know if you know any of them. He wants to know where all my family lives in
Arizona (names of big streets). You'll have to let me know!
The other day I was thinking of my mission and about the things that have really stood out to me. I also was thinking of the things that helped me on the mission and I thought of this scripture (you guys will have to look it up in English, but this is what it says:
"Por tanto, fortalece a tus hermanos en todas tus conversaciones, en todas tus oraciones, en todas tus exhortaciones y en todos tus hechos." (D&C 108:7)[Zach's dad: Here it is in English]
"Therefore, strengthen your brethren in all your conversation, in all your prayers, in all your exhortations, and in all your doings."Something I've really tried to do my whole mission is have a good attitude and try and help those around me. I know this scripture is very true! As we strive to talk good about our friends, pray for them, and help them in every way, we will feel the pure love of God in our life. I know that I have felt it and its something that I always want to feel. Tyler and Cade, make sure you keep being good examples to those around you and that you help those in need!
I love you guys tons! I'm taking advantage of every day and
every second! I'll talk to you guys soon.
P.S. This is a photo of me and Elder Pointer and our "family" here in the mission. It started with the two of us and then Elder Pointer trained two missionaries and then they have also trained. We have the biggest "family" here in the mission that are all serving at the same time!
P.P.S. Here are two other photos:
[Zach and his new companion, Elder Arnett:]