Excerpts

Excerpts from Zach's letters:

Monday, October 28, 2013

It sounds like you guys are doing great!  I can't believe that Tyler had his "senior football game."  Time flies so fast.  I wish I was there to see him play.  I'm bummed out that I missed his senior year.  I´ll just have to watch his film when I get back!  Tyler and Cade have had quite the fun football seasons.  It's pretty fun when you are winning.

Well, this last week has been crazy.  With our move, one of the things we have been doing is cleaning the house and organizing everything. The house looks great!  We are definitely spoiled out here in Maldonado!

This last week we had stake conference.  It was great and we had the opportunity to hear from Elder Spannaus.  He's from Argentina.  He talked a lot about missionary work and the importance of the members helping out the missionaries. It has been really cool to see how focused everyone is about missionary work.  I also saw José and Laura from Minas!  It was awesome to see them and know that Laura is going strong in the church.   

Elder Farnsworth and I are teaching four couples right now.  It's kind of a bummer because they all need to get married and it takes about three months to do that here in Maldonado.  But anyway, Elder Farnsworth and I are teaching them and working hard! Vamo arriba!
 
By the way, my companion has lost 120 pounds since he's been in the mission field.  He showed me a photo of when he got here in the mission field and he looks like an entirely different person.  Crazy stuff!

I´ve talked to President Newsome a couple of times and I'm pretty sure it's finalized that I will leave the 30th of December.  You should get an email or phone call from the mission offices.  [Zach's dad: We got an email this past week from the mission office and learned that Zach will be arriving in Salt Lake City on January 3.  It will be here before we know it!] 

Today our zone did a little activity together for some good bonding time.  We went and did a cool hike here close to our area that overlooks the beach.  It's super pretty.  There is a huge cross at the top so we took some photos.  We were there all morning until now. It was a lot of fun!

Tyler and Cade, I want to emphasize the importance of reading the scriptures. I know it's pretty tough with school work and football, but I know you guys can do it!  Keep going strong and working hard! God will bless you guys more than you can imagine! 

Dad, Mom, Tyler and Cade, I love you guys tons and think about you all the time.  I'm super pumped to go to In-N-Out Burger or Costa Vida for my first lunch back in the States (that was really trunky!).  We're going to have fun!  I love you guys and can't wait to hear back from you!