Excerpts

Excerpts from Zach's letters:

Monday, March 11, 2013

¡Tyler, FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS!  I love you to death bro and miss you tons! Keep working hard in school, it all pays off!  Dad, I´m going to say happy birthday too, because I won´t be able to say happy birthday on your birthday so... ¡FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS!  You're the best dad in the world and I miss you tons!  Keep doing your thing and working hard. The March Madness tournament will be a great break for you!

It's starting to cool down here in Uruguay. I would say it's the perfect temperature right now; not too hot and not too cold.  I got the "Ruckus Crew" newsletter from Stacy. I loved it and have it hanging up above my desk. It's cool to see how everyone is doing and how we´re in different parts of the world. I didn´t know Alex is in North Carolina.  [Zach's dad:  Alex is a friend of Zach's who was called to serve in Argentina, but is currently serving in North Carolina due to visa issues].  When I was in the MTC they had a lot of problems with the missionaries going to Argentina because of visa issues.  Dad, it was interesting to hear about Alex Knowlton´s mission in Mexico and how most of their focus is on less active members. Here in the mission we've had a huge focus on that, too. We´re told if we don´t have anything to do we should go to a less active member's house or if meetings fall through to go to a less active member's house. Also, when Elder Oaks came here and talked to us, most of his talk was about reactivation efforts. It's interesting to know that other missions are doing that, too. I thought it was just our mission, but maybe it's the goal of a lot of missions now.

Hey, I got an email from Grandma Green Truck and I don´t have her address.  Can you send me it?  I have a card that I want to send her! I also got a letter from Murph and I can´t remember if you have emailed me his mission address. Can you send it to me so I can write him a letter, too?

Anyway, me and Elder Pointer are going to work! We have been working super hard and have been exhausted at night.  So, needless to say we were super depressed when we got up on Sunday at normal time and arrived at church at 9:00 a.m. only to find that no one was there.  We were trying to figure out what was going on until we realized that it was daylight savings time change and we had an extra hour to sleep in, and missed it, and that we had gone to church an hour early.  It's all good, but we were super mad!  Everything is going great with the less active members that we have brought back to church and with Gabriela and Eugenia (the less active member and her daughter that we are teaching). We´re having a blast teaching them with the members and going to work.

I love you guys and miss you tons. I pray for you everyday! Stay safe and keep working hard! Dad, as you mentioned, it's crazy to think that I only have 10 months left ... it's a very scary thought! ¡Vamo Arriba!