Excerpts

Excerpts from Zach's letters:

Monday, March 4, 2013

Sorry for last week! I honestly forgot to say anything. [Zach's dad:  Zach didn't tell us that his p-day was switching to Tuesday last week.  It caused us, to say the least, a bit of concern when Monday came and went without hearing from Zach.  We were sure he was captured and thrown into a dark pit by Uruguayan drug runners!].  I don´t want you guys to worry about me!  I´m doing great and loving the mission. Uruguay is really safe and chill.  Nothing bad ever happens here so you guys can take a chill pill! Anyway, it was another great week with Elder Pointer!

Sunday was a super awesome day! Elder Pointer and I have been helping the ward by teaching and bringing back less active members.  This Sunday we had 4 adult men that came back to church
(usually the men are pretty prideful and won't come back to church).  Some of them hadn´t been to church in over 10 years!  We have also been teaching a less active lady and her 20 year old daughter (her daughter hasn´t been baptized) and they came to church!  The less active lady hasn´t come to church in over 20 years!  The ward was super great with them and welcomed them immediately.  It was Fast Sunday so people got to share their testimonies and it was cool to see the bishop get all emotional as he bore his testimony and welcomed the less active members to the ward. I hope these members will keep coming!  The ward has really grown attached to us and especially me because I´ve been here for awhile.  I love Canelones and the ward is awesome.

Anyway, I don´t know what else to tell you guys.  It's been a great week and I see miracles from the Lord everyday. We´re working hard and talking with everyone. I´m learning so much form Elder Pointer and I´m greatful that he´s my companion.  I can see us being really good friends after the mission.

I´m doing great and loving it here! The mission is amazing and I´m taking advantage of every second.  I don´t want to have any regrets after the mission and as of right now I can honestly say that I´ve worked super hard and have no regrets. The mission is the best!  I love you guys and can´t wait to hear from you next week!
 
P.S. I can´t believe Tyler is going to be 17 in a week!  Mom and Dad, you´re getting old!

P.P.S. Mom, as for your question about if we do anything fun in Montevideo - to tell you the truth we just try to get back to our area as soon as possible and get back to work. It's all work here in the mission and I love it!