Mom, the package with chocolate was perfect! Nothing was
melted and it all turned out great. So, chocolate is fine to send! In answer to your question, anything you send for Christmas I will be happy with! Peanut butter
would be nice, too!
Anyway, something interesting from this past week was
that Nacional and Peñarol played against each other in soccer. It's basically
like the Super Bowl here in Uruguay. It's a big rivalry game and
the people go
crazy. It's not that fun as missionaries because all the people are watching the game and don't
want to talk. But it's all good because we did have a lesson during the game with
a recent convert.
Yesterday, we had 3 investigators come to church. It was
a good experience and they all loved it! We´re planning to have their baptisms on 24 de Noviembre. Vamo arriba! Also, another piece of big news is that the church I go to is a branch,
but it has grown and as of the 25 de Noviembre we will become a ward! The branch is super
excited.
I want to share with you a scripture that I really like
in Matthew 6:22-23:
"The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!"
Our "light" comes from our
eyes and it's so true! Many times people say to me and my companion that there
is something different about us and that we have something in our eyes that
other people don't have. It is the gospel. This is the "light"! We need to
help others find this light and have the hope that we have. Find those that don't have the
light in their eyes and help them out. Share a little testimony, or do a good
deed. I promise that you will have more joy in your life as you do
this. ¡Haga lo!
I miss you guys tons, but I know this is where I'm supposed to be. The mission is the best! I have amazing experiences everyday
with the people here in Uruguay and everyday my testimony in the gospel
increases! I love you!
P.S. Grandma White Truck sent me a "Feliz
Cumpleaños" sign and so I thought it would be a
great picture! Tell Grandma thank you!