My birthday was not quite the same as back home, but it was
a still a good birthday. I bought a cake and some candles and made Elder Aguirre sing
to me! Good times! I can't believe I'm 20! It's super weird ... I´m not a
teenager anymore. I got a package from Grandma Pilcher and you guys! Thank
you so much!
Halloween here is interesting. It's not considered a holiday
here but many people celebrate it just because people in the United States
celebrate it. There were some kids dressed up and walking around begging for
candy, but not many. It was funny because during Halloween I had a strange
craving for Chinese egg rolls ... I wonder why? When I get back Mom, we're
going to have to make some Chinese egg rolls together! Anyway, it was a great day
and we went to work just like any other day!
Also, here in Uruguay there has been a lot of news about Mitt
Romney and the storms that have been happening in the United States. Hopefully
all is well and you guys are doing okay.
This last week was a good week! We have been working super hard here in Canelones and have found many people to teach through the members of the branch. We have been working together with the branch since I've gotten here and have been having much success because of it. Anyway, this reminds me - we have a member here in this branch that is 102 years old! She was baptized about a year ago! She comes to church every week and has a strong testimony of the gospel. We visit her once or twice a week and she amazes me every time we visit her because she remembers everything and has a solid mind. She knows my name and talks to me as if I'm one of her sons. Her name is Natividad and she's awesome!
Anyway, all is well here and I'm doing awesome! Elder
Burnett is a second witness that I'm alive and doing great, so don´t worry! I'll talk to you next week!
P.S. ¡Vamo Arriba Notre Dame!