Well, Thanksgiving is coming up and it will just be another day in the mission here in Uruguay. We're going to work and I think we might buy a chicken for lunch. Does that count as a turkey dinner? People here in Uruguay (of course) don't celebrate Thanksgiving and no one sells turkey here in Canelones.
This last week my zone went to the Montevideo Temple! We did a session with our mission president, President Armstrong. It was AMAZING! I loved it. It has been some time since I've gone to the temple (the last time was when I was at the MTC). We can enter and attend the temple once a year here in Uruguay as missionaries. Anyway, it was a great experience and I loved it. Oh, and it was all in Spanish!
Of the three investigators that came to church this last week, one is going to be baptized the following week! (The other two are not quite ready for baptism). The name of the one getting baptized is Silvana, and she is awesome. She's 25 and married with two kids. Her side of the family are all active members of the church and live in Montevideo. She is the only member of her family who is not a member of the church. The other day we had a lesson with Silvana and her mom took a bus all the way up to where she lives so she could be present for the lesson. It was awesome and the Spirit was very strong. Silvana's family are all super excited for her baptism and have been praying for some time for her to be baptized. They are all going to attend the baptism! Vamo arriba!
Anyway, all is well and I'm healthy! I'm doing P90x (look out
Tyler and Cade), eating lots of fruits and vegetables, and taking care of
my body (that´s for you, Momma!). I miss you guys tons and I pray
for you everyday!
P.S. Tell Grandma and Grandpa White Truck thanks for the
letters! I get one every week from them!
P.P.S. Tyler and Cade, READ YOUR SCRIPTURES!