It's been a great week! Elder Briones and I have seen the
hand of the Lord everyday this last week! A cool story from three days ago is we got a referral from the Minas missionaries (Vamo arriba Minas,
it's my old area!). They gave us a referral of a man that lives in our area. He´s been going to the branch up in Minas because he is going to marry a woman
that is from there and she got baptized just last year. So, he's been wanting to
learn more about the church. Anyway, we went to his house at
8:00 that night and clapped the house. He man came out and looked at me and
yelled "Hey, I know you!" Long story short, this man had gone one time to
church with me and Elder Ipson and now totally wants to be baptized! He went to
church yesterday with us and the ward supported him a ton! It was awesome! Elder Briones and I are pumped! I love the mission
and the wonderful miracles that we see everyday.
Mom, regarding your question, I get to talk to Elder Barlow almost everyday because he's the Assistant to the President right now! He´s a super stud! Elder Hicks is a zone leader in an area called Rocha. We don´t talk as much, but every once and a while we do. This Friday we have another big meeting with the zone leaders and the mission president so I´ll be able to talk to Elder Barlow and Elder Hicks a ton on Friday. It's going to be awesome!
It's been crazy how fast the mission has been going. It's really scary, but it's a good thing also. Elder Briones and I get along
amazingly well. He is super funny and reminds me a ton of Murphy! He's super
sarcastic and is always up to no good. He has me laughing all day! He is by far
one of my favorite companions.
Mom, regarding your question, I get to talk to Elder Barlow almost everyday because he's the Assistant to the President right now! He´s a super stud! Elder Hicks is a zone leader in an area called Rocha. We don´t talk as much, but every once and a while we do. This Friday we have another big meeting with the zone leaders and the mission president so I´ll be able to talk to Elder Barlow and Elder Hicks a ton on Friday. It's going to be awesome!
Tyler and Cade, today I was reading in Matthew when Jesus
walks on water and invites Pedro (Peter) to walk with him but as Pedro started to look
around at his surroundings and not at Jesus, he got scared and started to
drown. As Pedro cried out, Jesus was there instantly and helped him. I was
thinking about this story a lot today and how it applies to us. This world that
we live in can be really scary and sad but if we will keep our sight on the
Lord and strive to be worthy to enter into the temple we will overcome the
world and overcome the trials that we have in our life. I like this story also
because as Pedro started to drown, Jesus was right there and caught him. The
Lord is always with us in our life. We just need to do our part and keep going
along the straight and narrow path and everything will turn out
great in the end!
Well, I love you guys and can´t wait to hear back
from you! Keep staying strong in the gospel and enjoying life! We´ll be back
together before you know it!
P.S. I´ll send photos next week! I forgot my
camera. Sorry!