Excerpts

Excerpts from Zach's letters:

Monday, August 19, 2013

Well, my new companion, Elder Teran, is a stud! He´s super tall and is from Mexico. He loves sports and actually played American football in high school as a quarterback. Crazy stuff!  We get along great and we both really miss Mexican food, or better said "spicy things!" We´re going to make some Mexican food here one day, and he´s going to teach me.  This morning at 5 a.m. we got up early to play against the elders in the offices in a basketball game at the church.  It was loads of fun!  We were all talking trash (in English and in Spanish!) the whole time. We had a blast and it was definitely worth getting up early. I haven´t played basketball since the MTC days. That was like 19 months ago!  I played horrible! 

The stake here in Montevideo is super pumped for missionary work. There has been a lot of changes going on with the missionary work here and it has been a lot of fun to see. We have a ward missionary leader who is really serious about the work and is helping us plan activities and finding members to help teach with us.  Vamo arriba! 

Thank you for the packages! I love the peanut butter! I´ve been doing breakfast shakes with the peanut butter.  It's the best!  Also, thanks for all the letters that you send. It's cool to hear what you guys are up to.  I´m pumped for Cade and Tyler this year in football. They're going to have a lot of fun. You'll have to keep me posted on their season and of course the seasons of BYU and my boys at NOTRE DAME!  

This last week I was studying about repentance.  It's such a good topic, and as a missionary, I use it all the time with the people I teach. None of us is perfect.  We all have our mistakes and things that we need to improve on.  But thanks to Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ, we can repent of the things we´ve done wrong and start over and keep going on in this life. I have a strong testimony of repentance and I want you guys to know that! 

I love you guys immensely and I can´t wait to hear back from you!
 
P.S. Here are some pictures
 
Zach and his previous companion Elder Briones



Zach with a shout out to his homeboys:

 
 
Zach at the beach (in the winter):