This week flew by really fast! Elder Pointer and I have been
going to work each and every day and the week seems to go by so fast. The time is flying
by and it's a little scary. We got change calls yesterday and found out that Elder Pointer and I will be together for another change here in Canelones. We're
both excited to be together for another change. We get along great and we´ve
found some awesome investigators!
Today we went to San Francisco to have an "Asado"
(barbeque, Uruguayan style) with the zone. It was awesome! I've included a picture.
[Zach's dad: We asked Zach for directions to his house.] Hey, my address here in Canelones is Teresa Cabana De Moreno
and Dr. Baltasar Brum. I live right in front of the "Bomberos" (fire
department) and the police department is our neighbor. It's a pretty secure
place to live! Let me know if you find my house! [Zach's dad: Link to Google Maps]
Our activity with the ward went awesome! We had one
investigator at the activity and the rest were families from the ward. It
was a lot of fun. We had an obstacle course with a rope that went through it.
We then blindfolded all the people that went through. In order to get
through the obstacle course safely they needed to hold on to the rope or the "iron rod." We then shared a couple scriptures about Lehi's dream. It went great and
the little kids loved it!
Also, this last week Elder Pointer and I went to Montevideo
for a meeting with the other trainers and their greenie companions. It was cool
to see everyone and hear the cool stories that had happened to the new missionaries. On the way back we missed our bus and got lost in Montevideo! It was a
crazy experience, but we made it out all right! It takes about an hour to get
to our area from Montevideo but it ended up taking us three hours to get back. It
was a fun little adventure.
How´s your scripture reading as a family? I thought I
would check in. It's something really important and I wish I would have had a
good attitude about it when I was back at home with you guys. Make sure you're
doing it and doing it with a good attitude!
I just want you to know I love and miss you tons! The time is flying by and I´ll be home before you know it. I love hearing
from you and knowing that all is well and that you are safe!