Excerpts

Excerpts from Zach's letters:

Monday, February 18, 2013

It was awesome to hear from you and to hear that everyone is doing great!  I can´t believe we have 22 missionaries out from our ward serving - that´s awesome!  I´m so excited for Michael Gardanier to get to his area.  He´s going to love it! He´s going to learn so much and grow a ton. I was just thinking the other day about my first day here in the mission and the things that I've learned. I feel like I´m the same person, but at the same time I feel like I've changed a lot for the better. I´m loving the mission and am having great experiences here with Elder Pointer. We are working hard here and honestly talking to everyone that we can. We´ve found some good investigators but we´re also still looking for more.  There is always someone ready to hear the gospel!

This last week we've been working with the members of the ward and asking them to invite their friends to church and to also have a lesson with us. Tonight we have planned a "Family Night" with a member family in the ward and they're going to bring their cousin who is 20 years old to the activity.  Elder Pointer and I are pumped and can´t wait to teach him the gospel! ¡Vamo Arriba! 

Elder Pointer´s Spanish is amazing!  He honestly has the gift of tongues right now.  He speaks and understands as well as me and I have a year over him in the mission!  He only has 3 weeks in the mission!  He's amazing and I honestly feel like he's teaching me more than I'm teaching him.  I love him to death!

This next Friday we have an activity planned with the ward.  I'll have to let you know how it all goes!

Dad, I would love to get some of the emails from my friends! Don´t be afraid to send them to me. I got an email from Murph today and it sounds like he's doing great!  I need to send him a letter.  I would love it if in your next email you can send me a lot of addresses so I can send letters to my friends! Tell Tanner I said hi and that I miss him tons!

Well, not much has changed here in the mission. We had a good week and we´re working hard.  I´ll let you know how this next week is!

I am doing awesome and like always I LOVE THE MISSION!  Tyler and Cade are going to be awesome missionaries. I can´t wait for them to have similar experiences like I've had.  Anyway, ¡Les extraño muchísimo y sé que necesito estar aquí en Uruguay, yo sé el evangelio es verdadero y por medío de las cosas Jesucristo nos enseño podemos encontrar la mayor felicidad en esa vida. Nadie es perfecto pero siempre podemos arrepentirnos y ser limpios y perdonados altravez Jesucristo y su expiación. Les amo y no puedo esperar hasta la semana que viene para leer sus emails!  (Dad, read that in your goofy Spanish accent!)  [Per Google Translator: "I miss them very much and I know I need to be here in Uruguay, I know the gospel is true and through Jesus Christ we can find the greatest happiness in this life. Nobody is perfect, but we can always repent and be cleansed and forgiven through Jesus Christ and his atonement. I love you and I can't wait until next week to read their emails!"]