Excerpts

Excerpts from Zach's letters:

Monday, February 4, 2013

It was awesome to hear from you.  I can´t believe Murph is in the MTC!  I´m excited to send him a letter and ask how things are going.  I know Erin Elmont, so I'll be looking out for her.  That's cool that we´re going to be in the same mission.  I loved hearing that the 49ers lost because my companion, Elder Pointer, loves them.  I told him that the 49ers just couldn´t handle Dennis "The Menace" Pitta! 

This week was a great week with Elder Pointer!  We get along great and we have been laughing a ton.  He is really sarcastic and has a dry sense of humor, so he really makes me laugh.  He also told me the other day that he doesn´t know how I smile all the time and asks me frequently if the muscles on my face hurt because I smile so much.  Good ole Elder Pointer!  Anyway, we are honestly having
a blast and are teaching a ton in the street as we are looking for investigators.  However, just the other day we had a little miracle and found a great family.  We´re teaching them right now and everything is going great!

Elder Hicks is doing awesome, but I found out yesterday that his "greenie" companion is having a rough time and really wants to go home.  He´s going to have an interview with the mission president today. I hope all goes well for them.  Elder Hicks is a great kid and I love him to death.

The ward here loves us to death and thinks it's fun to have two gringos in the ward.  They always give us food and all the moms here in the ward always ask us if we are putting on sun block and drinking two liters of water everyday.  I always tell them I feel like I have my mom in the mission with me when they say that. They laugh, but then seriously ask the question again to make sure I´m doing it (which I am!).

This last Sunday I taught a class in church about how families are forever, and while I was teaching it, I got really emotional.  The class made me think of you guys and how I honestly have the best family in the world.  I´m so greatful that we have the gospel in our lives and that as we keep our covenants and do the things that our Padre Celestial wants us to do, we´ll live together forever.  I love you guys and miss you so much.  I know this is where I´m supposed to be and I´m loving every second of it.  It has honestly been flying by.  Anyway, I can´t wait to hear from you guys next week! Love you tons!