I absolutely love this ward. There are a ton of members
and they feed us everyday. We have so much food in our refrigerator
that it's ridiculous! I've been gaining weight and I'm pretty sure it's bad
weight! Elder Peña and I run every morning, so it's been good. We're trying to get back in shape. He kills me when we run. He loves running
long distances and hills! He ran cross-country at a college in Chile. Elder Peña and I have been getting along great. We are always laughing and
having
a great time. He's constantly helping me with my Spanish, so it's been a
blessing. He's by far my favorite companion.
Today we went and played soccer with some other
missionaries in Las Piedras and with some kids that live there. I don't want to toot
my own horn, but my soccer skills have been getting a lot better. All the
Latinos are impressed! Whenever I score a goal I go all crazy and act
like the Latinos I see on television when they score. The missionaries and
the kids here think it's hilarious. A couple of the kids fell to the
ground laughing because they thought I was so stupid!
Anyway, the mission is going awesome and I'm having a
blast! The Bishop here (Bishop Piriz) is a stud and we get a long with him and
his family great! We're going to go to his house tonight for family night and
I'm excited because his wife always makes a ton of food! Vamo´ arriba! [Zach's dad's translation: "thumbs up!"]
Keep reading your
scriptures and saying your prayers EVERY DAY! It's super important
and I promise you if you do this, the Lord will bless you. When you are busy it might seem hard to read the scriptures. If you read for just five minutes every
day, the Lord will bless you with energy and a clear mind!
I love you guys tons and think of you always! I can't wait to hear from you guys again. Don't worry about me, I'm healthy and doing great!
P.S. I don't know anything about the mail strike here. It's
just a waiting game. Kind of a bummer, but it's all good!
P.P.S. Sorry, but I don't have the photo of the baptism with
Ana and Louis. Elder Peña took the photo with his camera and doesn't have his
camera with him right now. I'll send it to you next week!