Excerpts

Excerpts from Zach's letters:

Monday, August 20, 2012

This week has been a crazy and stressful week!  So much has happened!  We had a baptism of a 17 year old girl named Flavia Noelia Fernandez Carbonel and also taught quite a few different awesome families.  The baptism was great and the spirit was there.  Our mission president, President Armstrong, actually attended the baptism.  I also got some time with him and we chatted a while about him and the mission.  He's a great guy and he's doing a fantastic job as the mission president.  The reason why President Armstrong attended the baptism was because the sister of Flavia lives in the U.S. and she called President Armstrong and talked to him about how important this baptism is for her sister.  So, President Armstrong thought it would be nice to bring his family to the baptism.  He also brought a really good cake that we all ate.  It was awesome!  I performed the baptism on Saturday and really enjoyed it!

The ward here in San Francisco is awesome! I love them to death and they love helping us missionaries with missionary work. It makes a huge difference when you work through the members in the ward to find new people to teach.  It's been a blessing.  The bishop is a stud and has me laughing everytime I'm with him.  He's quite a character and very sarcastic.  The same with his wife.

Elder Peña is a stud and we get along great!  I look up to him a ton.  He helps me with basically about everything and I'm learning a lot from him.  We're having some good success down here in San Francisco. We have two more baptisms planned for next Saturday with a couple!  We're super excited about them because they are getting married tomorrow.  We get to go with them to this government house in Las Piedras where they will be married.  Their names are Ana and Louis Vamoarriba.

The mail strike is still going on and the last time I got a letter was about five weeks ago.  I don't know how much longer the strike will go.  Good thing for email!

I want you guys to know that I'm doing great and am loving the mission!  The mission is the best thing ever!  I learn so much everyday about my heavenly father and the gospel.  I'm really starting to feel a true love for the people here in Uruguay.  It's a great feeling!  Anyway, I love you guys tons and can't wait to hear from you!