Excerpts

Excerpts from Zach's letters:

Saturday, February 4, 2012

It's been crazy here at the MTC! It's been a lot of hard work but that's good - it keeps my mind off things. I have an awesome companion and his name is Elder Hicks. We work great with each other and feed off each other's hard work. We're both really stressed about learning Spanish, but in time we'll get it.  They already have us teaching lessons in Spanish to fake investigators - it's pretty intense. He and I have no idea what we are saying but somehow the investigator is getting it because she seems to nod at things we say so let's hope she does understand.  The food here is just like the Cannon Center at BYU so the food is pretty good! My zone leaders are two elders going to Italy and they are awesome!  Elder Money is from Spanish Fork and is hilarious! And Elder Treadway is from Nevada and loves baseball, so we have a connection also. He too is funny.  So all in all my zone leaders are really tight.  The MTC put our district (me, Elder Hicks, Elder Barlow, Elder Tippets, Elder Benning, Elder Thomas, Elder
Mcnab, Elder Reber, Elder Lewis, and Elder Shriber) into another Italian district so it's interesting. Tomorrow is Fast Sunday and I plan on saying my testimony in Spanish! So crazy! Everyday we get an hour of gym time and my whole district looks forward to it.  We typically play basketball or play volleyball together. It gets us through the day.  My district is really tight knit and we have a lot in common, so it's really cool.  My P-day is every Friday, so expect emails on Fridays!  I just want you guys to know that I miss you, but all is well and I'm healthy! The first night I didn't really sleep well, but I mean who did? I've been sleeping great now because I honestly can't wait to go to bed every night. They make us work! Tell Tyler and Cade that it's hard, but it's worth it. The MTC challenges you in many ways but I can see how it will benefit me in the future. The MTC has a unique feeling. When you look around you can just tell everyone is here for a great reason and that we are all called by the Lord to be his ambassadors.  I love you guys so much and I know Heavenly Father is watching over you and me. I'll write you again soon! I love you guys!

P.S.  I'll send photos next Friday! Sorry, I'm trying to figure out this whole process!