Well, yesterday we found out about changes and I got
a very interesting phone call from my amigo fiel Elder Barlow (he´s the
assistant to President Newsome). He told me that Elder Hicks and I will come to
the mission offices and work with the assistants for our last two weeks. Elder Barlow was
super excited. He told me it was going to be just like the MTC days again. [Zach's dad: Zach, Elder Hicks, and Elder Barlow were companions together at the Provo MTC, and now they will finish off their last two weeks in the mission field together. Pretty cool.] I have mixed feelings. I´m super excited to be back with Elder Hicks and Elder Barlow, but I was also hoping to stay here in Maldonado these last two weeks. However, it's going to be cool to have Christmas in the mission home with the president. I can´t complain about that.
super excited. He told me it was going to be just like the MTC days again. [Zach's dad: Zach, Elder Hicks, and Elder Barlow were companions together at the Provo MTC, and now they will finish off their last two weeks in the mission field together. Pretty cool.] I have mixed feelings. I´m super excited to be back with Elder Hicks and Elder Barlow, but I was also hoping to stay here in Maldonado these last two weeks. However, it's going to be cool to have Christmas in the mission home with the president. I can´t complain about that.
I´m not exactly sure what time I´ll Skype you, but it will be
Christmas day. I´ll send you an email next week and let you know the time. Also, this year
we get one hour to Skype! In the past it has been 40-45 minutes, so that´s some cool
news.
This last week was pretty sweet. It was stressful, but it was
good! It kept my mind focused on the work and what I have to do in our area.
Our visit to Minas was awesome! On Thursday my companion and I went and visited some members and I got
a photo with José and Laura! They gave me and my companion lunch. It was a
cool experience and I´m super excited for Laura because she is going strong
in the church and has already gone to the temple a couple of times! Vamo
arriba! I also got to visit Elder Pointer for a bit. He´s the zone leader
in Minas. We had a good chat and talked about the good times when he was a new
missionary and we were companions. I can´t believe that was about a year ago. Time has surely flown
by.
Tomorrow will be are huge Christmas
mission conference. We are going to have a big lunch and have a two hour
conference. It will be fun to see everyone and a good time to take some
photos.
I´ve been thinking a lot of the mission and am really grateful for the time that I´ve had here in Uruguay. I´ve learned so much and I
feel as if my eyes have been opened. I know what my purpose is in this life and
the importance of being obedient to Heavenly Father´s plan. I know that as we
obey His commandments we will be the happiest in our lives. I love you guys so
much and can´t wait to see you next week on Skype!