Excerpts

Excerpts from Zach's letters:

Monday, December 23, 2013

Merry Christmas! This week will be a cool week!  I'm excited to celebrate Christmas here in Uruguay.  What a blessing!  This last week has been crazy!  It's been a lot different here in the mission house.  I've been exhausted!  We have been running all over the place.  I had to help take all the missionaries that were leaving to the airport.  I got a little taste of what is going to happen to me and Elder Hicks.  It was a sad but cool experience at the same time!  Me and Elder Hatch (the other assistant) traveled to go work with some other zone leaders in "Durazno" and in "Florida."  We also had a very cool Christmas activity at the temple on Saturday and Sunday night. We had a choir of missionaries sing Christmas songs on the temple grounds.  We had about 300 members and other interested people come and listen!  It was awesome!

On Wednesday, I will be able to Skype you guys at 5:00 p.m. (Uruguay time).  I believe that is 12:00 p.m. Utah time.  You will need to check.  We are going to Skype from the bishops house here in Malvin.  I can't wait to see you guys!

I was thinking of things that I need to get done before I get back home and I really can't think of anything.  We can talk some more on Wednesday. However, I'm counting on Tyler and Cade to quickly get me accustomed to being back at home. They will have to show me all the cool music and movies that have come out since I've been gone. 

Well, it's been fun being with Elder Barlow and Elder Hicks.  It's also been sad, too, because we realize that the mission is about over and we need to move on into the next stage of our lives.  I hope that I have matured and that you guys will be able to see that!

Once again, I've been reflecting a lot on the mission and the things that I have learned. I am super, super grateful that I've had this opportunity to serve and learn the things that I've learned. There is no doubt in my mind that Heavenly Father wanted me to be here in Uruguay to serve for two years.  It was exactly what I needed in my life and it has helped me come a lot closer to Him!  Dad, Mom, Tyler, and Cade, the gospel is true!  I know that Heavenly Father lives and loves us so much.  I know that He is always listening to us and wants us to succeed in this life!

I love you guys so much!  Have a great Christmas and an awesome "Outback" steak dinner!