Excerpts

Excerpts from Zach's letters:

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

We had a great week here in Minas! It's been loads of fun with Elder Ipson.  He has me laughing all the time.  We also had a blast teaching this last week. 

Laura came to church on Sunday, but not her husband.  We love him to death, but he just wants to do the things we leave with him at his house to do.  Some of the members of the branch are going to stop by and visit him.  Also, Camilo and his wife came to church again!  They are awesome and have come to church like seven weeks in a row!  I love Camilo to death!  I got a photo and will try and send it.  However, right now the computer that I'm using is super old school and for some reason it can't read my camera.  I´ll try to figure it out!

Yesterday were change calls.  It's crazy how fast the time is going by!  I will be officially leaving Minas and going to Camino Carrasco, Montevideo!  I'm excited because its super close to the mission home and will be my first time to live in Montevideo!  President Armstrong actually called me up a couple of days ago and told me I would be a zone leader with Elder Brilliones (I think he´s from Peru) and that there is a ton of work to do.  My zone has many of the strongest wards in all of Uruguay and the mission home is in my zone, so I'll be working with the assistants quite a bit.  I don't understand quite what that means, but vamo arriba!  I´m super excited to have a Latino companion again.  I've heard he's a great missionary!  I´ll let you know all about him this next week!

So, I´m bummed that I'm going to be leaving Minas.  It's been really awesome here and I've enjoyed it a ton! I´m also going to miss the Alfajor´s.  We live right next door to a factory of one of the most famous Alfajor´s in all of Uruguay and they are super good!  The assistants and secretaries from the mission home called me up this morning and asked me to buy about 6 boxes of them (that's almost 100 packages of Alfajores!) so that I can bring them to them tomorrow when we all get together in Montevideo. We are going to get fat!

It's crazy to think that I only have about six months left, but I'm going to keep working and just do what I've been doing my whole mission and end on a bang!  I´ve been working super hard and have also been thinking about my mission and the things that I want to do better.  I have quite a few goals and am honestly just super happy with how my mission has gone.  I've learned so much and am still learning everyday.  I wouldn´t redo anything that I've done thus far.  I have no regrets and I'm going to keep it that way! 

Anyway, I want you to know that I love you and miss you tons!  I´ll update you next week on how things are in Montevideo.