Excerpts

Excerpts from Zach's letters:

Monday, June 17, 2013

Dad, ¡FELIZ DIA DEL PADRE! I hope you had a great Father´s Day! It's crazy to think that I´ll be with you next Father´s Day.  The time is flying by!  I´m definitely trying to take advantage of every second here in the mission.  It's been a great experience and something that I'll never forget.

We are actually going to do Laura´s baptism this Saturday!  Laura had some emergency work that she had to do and coudn´t get out of so we are going to do the baptism this Saturday!  We are super excited and she is too!  She gets along great with the branch and really wants to do all she can to follow Christ.

This last week I went to a small city called Solís. It's about 30 minutes from Minas.  I went with an elder in my district because that's part of their area.  It brought back a ton of memories of Noblía.  It's a small, small town and has that feel of Noblía - a lot of farming area and not much else!  It was a lot of fun and we had a great day. We found some great people to teach and also some less active members who ended up going to church in their branch yesterday. Good stuff!

Mom, I have a favor to ask! Is there any way you can send me the recipe for your chocolate chip cookies with oatmeal?  I´ve been craving them for a long time and I want to try and make them here! Gracias!

Anyway, I would love to share a scripture with you guys! In 2 Nephi 4:30, Nephi says something awesome! He´s talking about the Lord and the importance of him in our lives and how he is the rock of our salvation.  He says:  "Rejoice, O my heart, and cry unto the Lord, and say: O Lord, I will praise thee forever; yea, my soul will rejoice in thee, my God, and the rock of my salvation."  In this last general conference there were many talks on this subject and it is very important.  I know that as we build our lives on the rock of our Savior we will be able to get over trials and hard times in our lives.  When we have a sturdy foundation built on the teachings of Christ we will never fail and we will have the strength to keep moving on in this life and can SMILE even during the hard times!  I just want you guys to know that and encourage you to keep building your lives on the rock of Christ. Tyler and Cade, this is especially important for you.  Learn while you are young to keep the commandments of God!

Thank you for the awesome example that you have been for me and the love that I always feel from you.  I love you tons and miss you immensely!  Keep doing the things the Lord wants you to do!