I believe I fixed my camera. I'm going to try and send some
photos today that I´ve been trying to send. They include one of me with the statue of
Artigas, one with me, Hermana Elmont, and Hermana Asbell (we all went to Springville High
School together), one of me raking some leaves with some members, and a photo of "La Mano" (I
got a photo at the beach!)
This last week has been a great week, like always! We´re
teaching some awesome families! I love Alicia and Camilo like none other and am
having a blast watching them change their lives as they
apply the gospel to their family. It's been a blessing to be with them during this experience. Camilo is a macho man and is pretty ripped and seems like the kind of guy that has no emotion. But whenever we talk about the gospel and the church he always breaks down and cries. He´s a giant teddy bear and he knows the church is true. I´ll have to get a photo with them this next week to show you guys who they are.
apply the gospel to their family. It's been a blessing to be with them during this experience. Camilo is a macho man and is pretty ripped and seems like the kind of guy that has no emotion. But whenever we talk about the gospel and the church he always breaks down and cries. He´s a giant teddy bear and he knows the church is true. I´ll have to get a photo with them this next week to show you guys who they are.
This next week we are going to be having a baptism! We´re
really excited and it should be a lot of fun. We´re going to be baptizing
Laura! She´s pumped for her baptism.
This last week we had a conference in Maldonado so we were
able to go to Punta del Este and take a couple photos of the beach. I went to a
famous statue that is called "La Mano" or "Los Dedos" and
its a statue of fingers coming out of the sand at the beach. It was pretty cool.
You guys will have to look it up on the Internet. It was super cold so there
was no one on the beach. I have my coat on!
Hey, I have a quick favor! I have been trying to gain weight
and I can't! I´ve been trying to get really serious in my exercises and eating
healthy, but I'm not gaining anything. Can you guys put together or look up some
diets that I can do to gain some healthy weight? Here in Minas I can buy basically anything
that I could in the United States so don´t worry about what kind
of food I need to eat. Thank you!
Elder Ipson and I have been running in the mornings and it
has been a killer! He´s a cross crountry runner and there are a lot of hills
here so I've been dying! But it's been fun!
I got to talk to President Armstrong by telefono this
last week. He´s really bummed that he has to leave but he´s excited for our
mission. The new president of our mission will be President Newsome. He´s from
Florida and he sounds like a really good guy. President Armstrong trained President
Newsome when he served here in Uruguay for his mission. Crazy coincidence! President Armstrong also told me that he loves me tons and that he has always trusted me and has
put me in my different areas for a reason. It made me feel really good to hear that.
Anyway, all is well and all is going great here in Uruguay! I´m
loving the mission and can´t wait for Tyler and Cade to experience this, too! I
love and miss you guys tons and always look forward to Mondays to hear from you. Keep
me in touch with everything back in the 'Ville!