Excerpts

Excerpts from Zach's letters:

Monday, May 27, 2013

I hope that Jordan and Alyssa have a great wedding on Friday.  I wish I was there to see it.  You'll have to tell them hi for me!

Me and Elder Ipson are getting along great!  He´s a great kid and really random.  He has me laughing all day.  His Spanish is getting really good!  We had a great last week and I had him talk a lot more than he was used to, but he did great and I think he learned a lot!  We have a great relationship and are having fun here in Minas!

We are teaching three families!  We are super excited and are seeing a ton of miracles here in Minas! One of the families that we are teaching is Camilo, Alicia, and their two kids.  Alicia had the two kids f
rom a previous relationship and is now living with Camilo.  They are awesome and we are trying to help them get married! They´ve come to church the last three weeks. Vamo Arriba!!

During our last changes I saw and talked to Hermana Elmont!  [Sister Elmont is a girl from our home town that Zach knows and who just arrived in the mission field]. You guys told me that she was coming to this mission.  It felt weird to see her, but it was fun to talk for a bit.  I got a photo with her and Hermana Asbell who also went to Springville High.  Good times!

I´m going to be sending a letter today with my photos. Sorry it's taken me so long to do it.

Yesterday, I had to give a last minute talk in our branch. I talked about charity and the plan of salvation.  I had the branch laughing and crying!  I based my talk off of Moroni 7:43-48.  I told the story of Brandon, the charity his family received, and the blessings that came from it. As I was talking I could really feel the Spirit so strongly.  I hope the members here felt it, too.

Well family, I love hearing from you and hearing all the good stuff that's happening back at home. I´ll be home before you know it.  It's crazy how fast the time is flying.  I love you tons and I can´t wait to hear from you this next week!

P.S.  The members here in this branch call me Élder Sonrisas ("Elder Smiles").  They love how excited and happy I am all the time. I really do love that they call me that and see that in me. I´m glad they can see how happy living the gospel makes me!