My companion got
a call last Saturday from the mission president and told he was going to be the new financier for
the mission. It's a great opportunity for him to serve and work in the mission home. Elder Reay was super excited and caught a bus to the mission home after church
on Sunday. So it left me and Elder Wilkey and Elder Ipson in a 3 person
companionship. It was really weird, but a cool experience. We all loved it the
last couple days.
Yesterday we received our transfer calls. Elder Wilkey is
finishing his mission tomorrow and then going back home, so President Armstrong wants me and
Elder Ipson to combine our areas here in Minas and work together this next
change! Super crazy! We have a HUGE area now and have a lot of work to do.
Elder Ipson has only been here for a change, so I will have to help him a bit
and finish his training. It's going to be a lot fun training again. Spanish has
been a little tough for him, but he'll get the hang of it. I´m going to help him
the best I can! It's going to be awesome! I´m going to stay the district leader, but also be training him, too. This next change will be a good and stressful
change, but it will be fun!
We have a ton of people to teach and our area is huge! This next change will be a blast. We're already trying to strategize how we are
going to teach so many people in such a big area. We're going to try and do
more divisions with the priests in the branch and also with the branch presidency.
Vamo arriba!
Tomorrow is change day, so I´ll be going to Montevideo to help the new missionaries that are coming in and also to have a meeting with the
leaders in the mission. It's going to be awesome and a lot of fun! I can´t wait
to see Elder Barlow and Elder Hicks!
Other news here in Minas is that it's absolutely FREEZING! Our house is super cold! We've broken out all the winter gear and are
bracing ourselves for a cold winter. We got all the beds in the house and put
them on the first floor because for some reason it's a lot warmer on the first
floor than the second floor. It's pretty funny to see because it's not a big room and all of our beds are crammed into it. But it's totally worth it because it's a lot warmer! I am attaching a picture of the room.
Anyway, life is great! I'm doing awesome and trying to gain some good weight for the winter so I can stay warm. I´m going to
try and eat some more alfajores! Vamo Arriba!
I know as we read and apply the
scriptures to ourselves and our daily lives that we´ll find more peace and love for
those around us. I can feel myself changing everyday, a little bit at a time, as
I apply the teachings of Christ. I love you guys
immensely!