Excerpts

Excerpts from Zach's letters:

Monday, October 15, 2012

Crazy news! I'm leaving my area right after this email to a city called Canelones.  It's about 30 minutes from my area of San Francisco.  I'm leaving because of a special change.  A missionary in that area had to go home early so I'm going in to take his spot.  I don't know much about the area or my companion, but I'm super excited to work there!  It's a big city and will be my first area where I'm actually in a downtown area - I'm pumped!  President Armstrong called me and told me about the situation and how he never worries about me and told me to get to work and keep doing what I'm doing.  I'm excited that he trusts me that much.  It will be a great experience and I'll make sure to tell you all about Canelones next Monday!
This week was a great week and all is well.  We found more people to teach here in San Francisco so Elder Peña is excited for this next week with his new companion.  All is well, but I'm sad to leave Ana and Luis.  We're going to try and say goodbye to them right now.  I want to write them throughout the mission.  They are honestly the most amazing people ever and I love them to death!
 
Interesting thing I had to do this last Sunday.  Elder Peña and I entered the tithing in the computer for our ward.  Our bishop is in the navy and had to leave for three weeks on a trip.  Not exactly sure what he's doing, but anyway, he always helps the ward clerk enter the tithing since the clerk doesn't really know how to do it.  So we taught the clerk and did it with him.  Fun stuff!

This last week I went to McDonalds when I was in Trec Cruces!  I've attached a photo.  It was awesome.  To me, it tastes exactly the same - a nice traditional American meal! 
 
By the way, what jerseys would Tyler and Cade like? Suarez or Forlan?  I want to get them a soccer jersey because Elder Burnett goes home in two weeks and he said he would stop by our house in Springville and give it to you guys.  He lives by Marcus Case and I went to school with him.  He is a super nice kid and it would be awesome for you guys to meet him!  Let me know what Tyler and Cade say.

Anyway, all is well and it was good to hear from you!  I can't believe Notre Dame is undefeated the year I leave, but it's all good ... there is always after the mission.  Plus the mission is 10 times better than watching Notre Dame football!