This last week we also had stake conference. It was a
super cool experience because our stake conference was a satellite broadcast of
President Thomas S. Monson, Elder Anderson and Sister Reeves. It was cool to listen
to as translators translated for President Monson. Elder Anderson
knew Spanish and did his talk in Spanish. It was a
great stake conference and the spirit was definitely there!
Yesterday, Elder Vorwaller and I went on splits in my area. Elder Vorwaller has four months in the mission. It was a lot of fun because we are
both major gringos with horrible Spanish, but we had a great day! We had a
lesson with Ana and Luis and their son and dedicated their house. It
was a cool experience and Luis actually did the prayer to dedicate his house. The spirit was very strong during our lesson. Luis and Ana are awesome! They have a strong testimony in the gospel. Feeling their testimony and seeing the
changes they have made in their lives to live the gospel has really strengthend
my testimony. I absolutely LOVE the mission!
I wanted to share a scripture. I love the scripture in Alma 48:11-13, and 17-18. It's about Captain Moroni. Captain Moroni is one of my heroes in the Book of Mormon. He is a good example in everything he does. As we strive to live the gospel and apply the teachings in our lives we will have more happiness then we could ever know. Strive to be like Captain Moroni!
I'm doing well and loving the mission! It's been a great experience. I can't
wait to hear from you!
P.S. Tell Aunt Kerry, Aunt Tammy, and Grandma Green Truck
thanks for the emails and that I love them! I still haven't gotten Grandma's
package yet, but it will come.
P.P.S. This last week I got emails from Alex Sisk, Murph, and Mckay. Tell them hi for me and that all is going well and that the Ruckus will have a lovely Spanish mix to it after the mission.
P.P.P.S. The attached photos are of my zone, the Piriz family (Bishop), and
me and Elder Peña at the temple!