Excerpts

Excerpts from Zach's letters:

Monday, September 10, 2012

Well, it's good to hear that everyone is doing great. The mail strike is officially over and we´re starting to get mail again.  Today I got three letters from Grandma White Truck and a letter from Jordan Gardanier - tell them thanks for me! And thanks Mom, for preparing a package for me! I'm craving American sweets! Sweet Tarts, Reeses, anything really!  I don´t need any medication, and with the water I'm completely fine. The water here is clean and I have a filter bottle that I drink out of, so it's all good!

This last week was a lot of fun! I went to the temple grounds with our recent converts and some investigators. We went with Selva and the other missionaries that live with us.  It was a BLAST!  After we toured the temple grounds we went to the mission home and talked with the mission

president for thirty minutes about missionary work and the temple.  We had cookies and Sprite.  The recent converts and investigators loved it!  It was really weird being in the mission home.  The last time I was there was my first day in the mission field.  It's weird how fast the time goes.

Yesterday at church was the primary program during sacrament meeting.  It was hilarious!  Little kids up on the stand screaming primary songs in Spanish and also screaming other things that I didn´t really understand all that well!  Elder Peña and I had fun watching the kids. The ward loved sacrament meeting.

We are working a lot with Ana and Luis and teaching their son (24 years old) and his wife and their little son who is 8. They are awesome! It's been going great! We've also been talking with a lot of other great people and been having success.  Just the other day we found a new family to teach!  They are super nice and really like us, so vamo arriba!

I don´t know what else to say.  Nothing much has changed since I've been here.  I'm loving it and it's been a blast!  Elder Peña is a stud and we get a long great.  I love the mission!

I love you guys a ton and I can´t wait to hear back from ya! I think about you guys everyday!

P.S. Sorry I don't have any photos today!  I forgot my cord for my camera.  I feel bad!  Next week I'll send photos of the temple and Ana and Luis!  I'm safe and all is well.  Please don't worry about me!