We have a baptism planned for this Saturday with three kids, Patrick (13), Douglas (11), and Michelle (9) (all boys). They will be my
first baptisms and I'm pumped! They are the coolest and smartest kids ever. I'll make sure to send you a photo of them next week! The area has been really,
really tough. The last change when I went to go pick up Elder Erwin, other
missionaries were asking me where my area was. I told them Noblia and they all
just looked at me and apologized for being in
such a tiny area and saying how they would die if they were sent there. They were amazed that Noblia is my first area. They said that our mission president, President Da Silva, does not send new missionaries to places like Noblia because it's a difficult area to baptize and he doesn't want their faith to baptize to go away. None of what they said has stuck with me. I make sure I work my hardest everyday and share the gospel to everyone. It's been difficult at times, but anything is possible and miracles have happened!
And this week we have three baptisms, so me and Elder Erwin
are pumped! I love Noblia and love the people! Most of the people that live
in Noblia know my name and it's really funny to hear them try and say "Elder Gardanier." But anyway, hard work pays off and I've learned a ton about not getting
discouraged and keeping your head up high.such a tiny area and saying how they would die if they were sent there. They were amazed that Noblia is my first area. They said that our mission president, President Da Silva, does not send new missionaries to places like Noblia because it's a difficult area to baptize and he doesn't want their faith to baptize to go away. None of what they said has stuck with me. I make sure I work my hardest everyday and share the gospel to everyone. It's been difficult at times, but anything is possible and miracles have happened!
Well, I love you guys and it sounds like all is well! Let me know what goes on in the summer and the latest news with everyone. Don't worry about me, I'm safe and working hard!
[Zach's dad: Zach sent this picture in his email saying it shows his new "combover" hairstyle. Not sure if this is his new hairstyle or is just goofing around.]
