For Mother's Day, I have awesome news! We are going to go to Melo on Sunday night and do Skype from a member's home! I'm super excited to do it! I will get on the computer and talk to you at 6:30 p.m. Uruguay time (3:30 p.m. Utah time).
I haven't received any of the other packages besides the one you sent me for Easter. I have gotten some letters and I'm trying to write back. It's just super hard as we are constantly busy! It's crazy!
This last week I got a great idea - I thought I would do a little video journal each night on my camera about the day and then I would send the memory card to to you guys so you can kinda understand better what has been going on here in Uruguay! I feel like my emails haven't been all that great. But anyway, it's been a great week! We've been teaching Jorge and we're planning on baptizing him this Sunday, so we're super excited! He's a 15 year old in a 35 year old body! He's a funny guy! We've also been teaching the Mendez family and they have been super nice. The mom and her daughter constantly give us food! It's awesome! I really don't know what else to tell you besides everything is going well!
I bore my testimony at church yesterday. Which reminds me that I don't think I've told you much about the church. They have a church here that was built like 30 years ago because I guess they used to have around 100 members here in Noblia. It's about a five minute walk from our house. It's nice - I'll have to take a picture and send it to you.
A favorite treat that I like to eat here right now are Alfajores! They are basically two cookies filled in between with dulce de leche (kinda like an Oreo) and then dipped in chocolate. They are super good and they have a million different kinds to choose from! It's basically a candy bar to the people of Uruguay. My favorite drink is "Paso de los Torros." It's a grapefruit soda drink and it reminds me a lof of home because of the grapefruit. It's really good!
Here in Uruguay they have a siesta everyday. Basically, between 12:00 in the afternoon to 3:00 it's nap time. I think it would be awesome to have this back in the States! It kinda stinks as a missionary because during that time no one talks to you because they are all sleeping. It's ridiculous! So we typically go back to our house and do a little language study and then go back out and contact.
My companion, Elder Jackson, is from Ogden, Utah. He's 22 and returns back home this next week! I've learned a ton from him and he's been super nice and patient with me. He's really into cars and engines. It's really interesting and he's kinda got me into those things too, now. He's had a successful and awesome mission and has been a great trainer for me.
Noblia has been awesome and just the other day we went to a town called Acegua which is basically in Brazil. I took a picture at the border and can now say I've been to Brazil! It's crazy to think that I've been to Uruguay, Brazil, and Japan! Crazy stuff.
Well, everything is going great and I can't wait to talk to you on Sunday for Mother's Day! I can talk to you then more about what has been going on and you guys can ask whatever you want! I love you guys a ton!
[Zach's dad: The following five pictures were attached to his email. The photos are pretty low-resolution photos, so I'm not sure how well they will show up on this blog.]