Excerpts

Excerpts from Zach's letters:

Monday, May 21, 2012

Well, my new companion is Elder Erwin.  He is the funniest guy I've ever met.  He is a complete opposite of Elder Jackson.  He is way into drama, acting, and singing, but he likes sports, too.  He is almost 6'5" and pretty skinny.  All the people here in Noblia really like him and get along with him great!

The bus trip back from Montevideo was a lot quicker this time.  It didn't seem that bad because I knew what I was doing and when we made quick stops for snacks I actually knew what was good to eat (and knew what I was eating).  When I went down to Montevideo with Elder Jackson we went to his favorite area and talked with some of his converts.  They love him so much and gave us a ton of food!  We also went to his favorite restaurant where this guy made these really, really good calzones.  It was awesome!  After that we went to the church by the mission home and that's where I met Elder Erwin.  I'll send a photo so you can see him.

Well, this week has been a great week!  I got your package and Grandma Green Truck's package!  Thank you for the snacks!  They have been awesome!  Also, this week we have found quite a few new investigators and have had some great lessons.  At church yesterday we had 24 people there!  It was AWESOME!  It felt like it was a ton of people.  We typically have around 14 so that extra 10 made a big difference.  The active members were really excited and started giving us names of people they wanted us to visit.  It was a great day and you could feel the spirit so strong.  The members have taken a liking to Elder Erwin so everything is going fantastic!

Like always, I'm learning a ton each and every day.  It's been awesome and I love Noblia!  The mission is honestly one of the greatest things ever!  My testimony and love for the people here increases every day.  I can't wait for Tyler and Cade to experience the mission.  You learn so, so much!  So Tyler and Cade make sure you are reading your scriptures and doing everything you are supposed to be doing in order to prepare for the mission.  I promise you guys are going to love it when you go. 

Well, I'm doing great and am healthy!  Everything is going great and I'm working extra hard!  I can't wait to hear back from you guys.  I love you tons!