Excerpts

Excerpts from Zach's letters:

Monday, May 14, 2012

[Zach's dad:  For Mother's Day we were able to talk to Zach by Skype for over thirty minutes.  Technology in this day and age is amazing.  Although half a world away, Zach sounded and felt like he was in the room next door.  His enthusiasm about life and missionary work is contagious.  Zach followed up yesterday's call with an email today.  Here are some excerpts.]

It was the best thing ever to talk to and see you guys yesterday! I love Skype and I thought it worked great!  I could hear and see you guys perfect!  I'm sorry it was so short.  Another missionary had just got to the house we were at.  He was supposed to talk to his family an hour before, but I guess Skype wasn't working at the house where he was.  So he came to the house we were at to jump on and quickly talk to his family.  It was super hard to say goodbye, but I was glad we were able to talk.  I

can't wait to do it again in the future.  There is so much I want to tell you about Uruguay and I feel like I've only explained 10% of it.  I'll try and explain more in my letters.  Whatever questions you have, make sure to ask and I'll try and explain.  For some reason, it was hard to talk to you guys in English!  I'm definitely in the whole Spanish mode.  I miss you guys so much and at times like yesterday it can be a little hard but I know this is where I´m supposed to be and that Heavenly Father is blessing me and you guys while I'm gone. I pray for you every night!  Tyler and Cade, the mission is absolutely awesome!  I can't wait for you guys to experience a mission.  Make sure you are reading your scriptures and praying every night! 
I'm honestly having a blast here in Uruguay. It's been hard some times and I miss you, but I always try and have a smile on when I leave our house. It was funny.  One day we were at that little store I told you about where we buy our groceries and the lady that works there (who is a member and goes to our church every week) said to me that I'm always so happy.  "Don't you miss home?" she asked.  I laughed and said that she had no idea, but that the mission has been awesome and that I can see and feel the blessings that come from it, so it's definitely worth it. 

Okay, so here is the news.  We just found out about transfers this week.  I'm staying here in Noblia and my new companion is Elder Erwin!  He's been out for 19 months and he's also from Utah.  I was at the zone leaders' house when I found out and they all went crazy.  I guess Elder Erwin is a stud and is a really funny kid.  He likes to have fun, but at the same time works hard.  I'm super excited to meet him and work with him.  We're gonna have fun here in Noblia! 

Well, it's been another great week here in Uruguay.  I plan on sending the memory card from my camera this week.  Hopefully it will get to you guys sooner than the four weeks that my last letter took.  I love you so much and I can't wait to hear from you!

P.S.  "Be Positive, Be Happy, Smile ... and Work Hard"  I added that last part recently.  I love you guys!